Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: DLM  (Read 1763 times)

licquorice

• Reg Member
DLM
« on: March 02, 2017, 03:09:35 PM »

Interesting post on the BT forum, anybody have any further info?

Openreach are aware that some lines do get stuck on sub-optimal profiles, despite line improvements (that court case that BT lost led to changes to the way DLM moves profiles up/down). They are implementing a number of changes to address this, some of which should go live next month.

It does look like ISPs will 'soon' be able to force DLM to reset, but I cannot give you a date. Changes to the DLM algo next month should hopefully make things better for you if you're line is performing well.

lee111s

• Reg Member
Re: DLM
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2017, 03:37:09 PM »

Interesting post on the BT forum, anybody have any further info?

Openreach are aware that some lines do get stuck on sub-optimal profiles, despite line improvements (that court case that BT lost led to changes to the way DLM moves profiles up/down). They are implementing a number of changes to address this, some of which should go live next month.

It does look like ISPs will 'soon' be able to force DLM to reset, but I cannot give you a date. Changes to the DLM algo next month should hopefully make things better for you if you're line is performing well.

Was that posted by one of the moderators over there?

licquorice

• Reg Member
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2017, 04:24:38 PM »

No, its not official information.

ejs

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2017, 04:40:10 PM »

Is there some reason why a link to the post was not provided? Searching for a chunk of the quoted text finds a post, but it doesn't seem to be on "the BT forum". Or was BT a typo?

licquorice

• Reg Member
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2017, 04:51:37 PM »

ejs

• Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2017, 04:56:12 PM »

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2017, 05:27:09 PM »

:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

ktz392837

• Reg Member
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2017, 06:20:19 PM »

Quote from: licquorice

Being stuck on an ECI cabinet I hope Openreach are not just bringing in changes for 2/3rds of users - ie Huawei cabinets only.

I hope I will be dancing in the streets over the next couple of months with isp dlm resets, DLM changes, 3db and Ginp on eci but I think not it will all be focused on Huawei cabs.

peterj

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2017, 08:06:45 PM »

Hope this is right. I have been banded at 35 for 9 months now with low ES for all but the first 2 weeks. It isn't the end of the world, but does frustrate me that its artificially below the level of its physical capability for no good reason.