All are invited.

See https://aastatus.net/2361

admin:
Nice gesture :)

highpriest:
Brilliant :drink:

adrianw:
A nice gesture indeed.

The last "ISP" gathering I remember was organised by the Compulink Information eXchange back when we were using dial up modems and Courier HST's were the bee's knees. It was nice to meet some of the staff and users.

Weaver:
As you probably all know, I won't be able to be there, but I do like the ‘human’ scale of the operation, if that makes sense (poor English). Hardly a fair point, but imagine trying to get a free beer out of BT, VM or TalkTalk and meet the actual staff? Aside from the practicalities - they would have to hire Yorkshire for the event, which makes it an unfair point - I can't see the vast corporates even conceiving of such a thing somehow. Similarly I like my chosen email service provider (and web hosting) too because of their human scale, I actually known the names of people who I can talk to (Phil, sometimes Robert The Boss) if I ever get confused.

I notice it specifically says that this is not just a customers-only do, something about being from Alpha Centauri? (I am fairly furry, according to Mrs Weaver, you probably are not.) So kitizens might like to find out if these people are any good or if it's all a load of hype over nothing. Warning, you will probably get your ear bent re ethics, human rights and so on, just so you know. It doesn't actually say the beer is free, I now realise. And there had better be some cider too.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version