Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Home Page Glossary Link.  (Read 3077 times)

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
Home Page Glossary Link.
« on: February 27, 2017, 12:22:15 AM »

What about having a 'Home Page Glossary Link' or moving the hidden glossary tab so it can be seen better.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: Home Page Glossary Link.
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 10:03:34 AM »

Thank you for the suggestion, but at present I can't see any straightforward way to put a link on the home page. I'll have a think about ways of making the link more visible without cluttering the forum.
  Eric

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 12:32:20 PM »

Not sure if you have the admin permission to make a 'Child Board : Glossary. ' under 'Site & Forum Discussion'
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 07:26:27 AM »

Sorry I didn't respond to this. The answer is Yes, I can do that. However I really don't think it justifies a separate forum subsection, so I'm looking at other ways to bring it more to the fore.
  Eric

admin

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 01:59:00 AM »

As mentioned recently here, there isnt any easy way of changing the menu tabs as they are part of the SMF Core. 

Doing so means that all future updates to that template would have to be amended manually, plus there is a high chance that it would break any major updates from that point forward until eternity.

However I really don't think it justifies a separate forum subsection, so I'm looking at other ways to bring it more to the fore.

The only way I could think is perhaps have a child board for all of the How Tos and FAQs.   The question then is, would this make it stand out any better than the pinned topics? 
It´s a test signature

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2017, 11:40:15 AM »

I've added a sticky link to the Glossary topic in the Broadband Technology board, as a small improvement in the visibility of the topic.
  Eric

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2017, 02:23:26 PM »

That will help the new comers. Thanks Eric & Admin.  :)