Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17

Author Topic: G.Inp on ECI Possibly Delayed  (Read 55588 times)

smallal

• Reg Member
Re: G.Inp on ECI Possibly Delayed
« Reply #225 on: March 07, 2018, 10:37:11 PM »

Yep, the local fibre cabinet is ECI, which is what I was referring to, & yes it was a complete surprise to see the G.FAST cab arrive.
BT/Openreach haven't really given out much information since the 'pilot extension' announcement at the end of last year, but my exchange wasn't on the list.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #226 on: March 07, 2018, 11:03:42 PM »

Strictly speaking, retransmission is an integral part of G.9701. It may well have been based on the scheme defined in G.998.4 (G.INP), but it is not actually G.998.4.

Thank you.

Not sure if BC is a little sleepy but I believe he was referring to g.inp on the ECI cabinet.

:sleep:
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

rbgb

• Just arrived
« Reply #227 on: March 09, 2018, 07:57:55 AM »

I’m on an ECI cabinet in West London and had g.imp enabled on the downstream yesterday for the first time (9th March) so looks like the role out is happening now.

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #228 on: March 09, 2018, 08:01:54 AM »

That's good news, let's hope there are more to follow, and welcome to the forums.

ETA. It appears the user may be on Huawei cabinet.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 10:09:26 AM by Ronski »
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #229 on: March 09, 2018, 08:10:08 AM »

I’m on an ECI cabinet in West London and had g.imp enabled on the downstream yesterday for the first time (9th March) so looks like the role out is happening now.

according to mdws you are on huawei if you are the same user as your username here?

Could we see some modem stats please to confirm cab type  please
thanks
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 10:08:37 AM by skyeci »

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #230 on: March 09, 2018, 10:48:47 AM »

Your Interleave depth is 8.
Unless they changed how ECI did G.INP and forgot to tell ayeaye and Semmy's lines, looks like you're on a Huawei cabinet?

edit: There's no tone data on MDWS so can't tell for certain the cab type. Would be interested to see the Stats tab from DslStats.

Quote from: DslStats Stats tab
Stats recorded 09 Mar 2018 11:00:07

DSLAM/MSAN type:           BDCM:0xa48c / v0xa48c
Modem/router firmware:     AnnexA version - A2pv6F039v.d26a
DSL mode:                  VDSL2 Profile 17a
« Last Edit: March 09, 2018, 11:05:54 AM by j0hn »
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

smallal

• Reg Member
« Reply #231 on: March 23, 2018, 10:51:45 AM »

Wait till march 4th week.
If this prediction for action on G.INP is accurate it would be next week.
Would they risk 'going live' with this so close to easter?

ktz392837

• Reg Member
« Reply #232 on: March 23, 2018, 12:52:40 PM »

I was thinking update perhaps 4th week then rollout after Easter bank holidays.  Rollout usually takes a few months they only do so many at a time.

I am hoping the forum users who get to know more information will then be able to post an update if an update is made by BT?
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 12:58:06 PM by ktz392837 »

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #233 on: March 23, 2018, 02:10:29 PM »

nothing here https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/updates/briefings/super-fastfibreaccessbriefings/sffabriefings.do  for absolutely  ages..
I not convinced we will see it all. the last email I had from open reach was suggesting several months if at all so perhaps it's just a myth.. :-\

hope I am wrong but it seems to have gone on and on and on..
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 02:14:38 PM by skyeci »

ejs

• Kitizen
« Reply #234 on: March 23, 2018, 05:16:19 PM »

It's gone on for so long that the Openreach modems are no longer supported so I doubt they'll be getting any more firmware updates. Both this and the early issues with Huawei G.INP are/were due to Lantiq modem firmware, and I suspect not bothering to ever update it until they hit some major issue with whatever ancient version they were still using was part of the problem.

It's gone on for so long that I've even recently managed to read the original Openreach briefings from 2016, only the last one has any real content and its content had already been relayed to us.

Ixel

• Kitizen
« Reply #235 on: March 28, 2018, 10:51:34 AM »

I don't know if it's related in some way but my connection went down for a few minutes last night, lost sync with DSLAM/line card. My DrayTek and the AAISP control panel indicate that. Version number hasn't changed on the line card however, so I'm just wondering if something else happened to cause the downtime. Otherwise my only other thinking is perhaps it's related to preparing for a G.INP rollout? I doubt it but who knows.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #236 on: March 28, 2018, 11:07:00 AM »

I've had 2 DSLAM/backhaul outages in the past month.
No guarantee that its g.inp related.   There's a couple of  briefings which could indicate they are also making some DLM changes.   
I was hoping that G.INP would be applied to ECI cabs before they start rolling out Error Correction on all new lines by default but who knows now with G.INP appearing to have been delayed yet again.   
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #237 on: March 28, 2018, 01:29:22 PM »

I also had a resync a few days ago, still on fast path, haven't checked anything else.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

shadow4dog

« Reply #238 on: March 28, 2018, 03:17:13 PM »

I also had a resync a few days ago, still on fast path, haven't checked anything else.
And me too. Both my Zen (BT Wholesale) and Sky VDSL lines went down at 2am last Thursday. I mistakenly thought it was G.Inp because I got an extra 2Mb/s actual sync speed per line! But, like most places, our street suffers badly from crosstalk.

Tim

smallal

• Reg Member
« Reply #239 on: March 28, 2018, 05:42:17 PM »

Kelly Comms. have been very busy wiring at my box.
The street cabinet now has an extension pod on one side & a G.Fast pod on the other.
Added to that there's a new HUGE fibre cab right next to it.
Not sure if they'll decommission the old (much smaller) ECI box currently about 60metres away.
If they migrate the lines to the new box then happy days, otherwise it's G.FAST when it goes live.
I live in hope of G.INP returning, but all remains silent since they suspended trials at the end of last year.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17