Broadband Related > FTTC and FTTP Issues

G.Inp on ECI Possibly Delayed

(1/49) > >>

Bowdon:
[Moderator note -- Both threads on this topic have been merged together.]

It looks like the G.INP (I'm assuming thats what he means by retransmission) firmware update as been delayed according to AndyHCZ

--- Quote ---The planned re-introduction of retransmission on ECI estate was due for next month, but I've been informed that this is now not likely to happen. During testing of the updated ECI firmware (which will retrain a line if it becomes 'stuck' due to noise being generated on the line), unrelated issues were found which are now being resolved between ECI and Openreach. This means the likely updated firmware due next month is now going to be held back.

No timescales are given or what the unrelated issues are, but I will update if they are released.
--- End quote ---

Dray:
And you believe him? Some 3rd party corroboration would be required

skyeci:
Perhaps openreach will provide an official update via the briefings at some
point. The last official update originally suggested april 2017 so we will have to see.

g3uiss:
Saw this on Think road and posted to day

Disappointing if fact

--- Quote from: AndyHCZ ---ECI & Retransmission
[link to this post]

The planned re-introduction of retransmission on ECI estate was due for next month, but I've been informed that this is now not likely to happen. During testing of the updated ECI firmware (which will retrain a line if it becomes 'stuck' due to noise being generated on the line), unrelated issues were found which are now being resolved between ECI and Openreach. This means the likely updated firmware due next month is now going to be held back.

No timescales are given or what the unrelated issues are, but I will update if they are released.

--- End quote ---

[Moderator edited to enclose the quotation within [quote] . . . [/quote] tags, add the link to the original post and provide an attribution to the author.]

Dray:
Any official corroboration?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version