Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: DSLstats from Billion 8900AX R2  (Read 1559 times)

Roger17151

• Just arrived
DSLstats from Billion 8900AX R2
« on: February 24, 2017, 08:58:15 PM »

Hi guys ...

I'm using a Billion BiPAC 8900AX(L)-1600 R2 on BT vdsl Infinity 1 and thought it might be a good idea to monitor the stats awhile ... seeing as it has a Broadcom chipset.
I've wafted my way around the comprehensive menus but can't even find evidence of local Telnet use, although the manual stipulates it has embedded Telnet functionality for both local and remote use. The whole idea is to try DSLstats programme ... but either I'm now getting too old for this game, or just plain stupid. DSLstats doesn't actually have the router/combo in the dropdown for config. but I did read that 8900AX was a confirmed go-go ... I tried both my router user/password and the original Billion defaults but nowt gets me in ... any ideas pls?    :(

Dray

• Kitizen
Re: DSLstats from Billion 8900AX R2
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2017, 09:22:29 PM »

Are you using the latest DSLstats? http://dslstats.me.uk/routers.html

Roger17151

• Just arrived
Re: DSLstats from Billion 8900AX R2
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2017, 10:42:23 PM »

Yes I downloaded and set up v.58 ... after much ado I realised I hadn't initialised the Telnet interface in the menus, not the easiest menus to navigate unfortunately, but once you know, you know. Have to say it's telling me stuff I didn't know ... eg wasn't sure G.INP was running but it is on the downstream. Not sure about the QLN function but am trying to suss it out..  Have to say this program is the dog's doodies ... big congrats to the author, really impressive. It's a few years since I played with this stuff, but this is really informative, and the best thing my stats look good! ... always a bonus with BT.   ::)

anything