Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: DSLstats Login  (Read 1800 times)

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
DSLstats Login
« on: February 08, 2017, 11:47:21 PM »

Setting up
Configuration>Login>Normal Login
I can not expand 'Modem/router model'.
CLI command prefix is ok.

Linux os
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: DSLstats Login
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2017, 07:21:08 AM »

Which version of DSLstats is this?
Notwithstanding the answer to that question, it's not a necessary part of the configuration to make a selection from that dropdown - it's only used as a shortcut to filling in the login details, which you can do manually anyway.

Is this a new issue which you haven't seen before, in which case, what has changed?

[Later] It's occurred to me that a likely reason for that dropdown failing to work would be the absence of the file routers.dat from the main DSLstats directory. It's part of the downloaded archive, so if it's got lost somehow you should be able to retrieve it by downloading DSLstats again.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 07:27:17 AM by roseway »
  Eric

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 12:12:12 PM »

Sorry about the delay.
This is on a 'spare' laptop (v5.8.2  64Bit Linux ) and when I had the BTOR chap around the other week he took one look at my unusual setup and he wanted me to put my isp modem back instead of my UN-locked HG612, I was going to set modem and spare laptop up together.(But not needed).
Like you say I set it up without the drop down list .

Yesterday I marked the DSLstats download directory 'old' and installed and fresh install.
put a new short cut on the desktop.
I get the same affect using the short cut (it has the same permissions !), but if I go to the 'dslstats' in the download directory and click on that it works ok.
Must be something to do with the desktop shortcut .
DSLstats works well with my main laptop.
I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2017, 12:38:39 PM »

When you run DSLstats from a link like this in Linux, you may need to make a little script which changes the working directory to the DSLstats directory before running the program. Something like this:

Code: [Select]
#!/bin/sh
cd <the directory where the DSLstats files are stored>
./dslstats

Name this script "run-dslstats" or something like that, make it executable, and save it anywhere convenient. Then point your desktop link at this script.
  Eric

tickmike

• Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2017, 11:24:46 PM »

Ok thanks I will try that.