Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Win10 due for a major facelift update soon  (Read 3550 times)

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
Win10 due for a major facelift update soon
« on: February 12, 2017, 02:30:07 PM »

Windows 10 could be about to get a MAJOR facelift

Windows 10 users could soon be seeing a whole new look on their PCs thanks to a major design makeover.

Microsoft’s software proved to be a reluctant hit upon its initial release back in 2014, with many users initially put off by an overhauled design that was significantly different to previous Windows versions.

However as Windows 10 has now landed on millions of computers around the world, users are crying out for a new look. - and now it seems Microsoft is ready to oblige.

Other sources:
http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/news/microsoft-windows-10-new-design-lose-classic-features-minimise-borders-image-look-a7572996.html

As any of the windows 10 tester people here seen anything about this future update? and if its any good? is it an improvement or a backward step?
BT Full Fibre 500 - Smart Hub 2

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: Win10 due for a major facelift update soon
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 02:57:42 PM »

It's not something I like the look of, I much prefer a well defined Window, even as it is currently I often ending up closing the wrong Window - some just seem to merge into another.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 07:07:46 PM »

Makes me more glad I am not using it, I dont like an OS UI been redesigned for the sake of it, its not about boredom but efficiency.

Seems Microsoft havent learned, there is a reason things like startisback are popular.

Regarding the borders they have a clear purpose, it seems they just copying smartphone design.

I think when Win 8 is EOL, I will move to linux for my desktop, and dual boot to a unpatched windows for gaming.

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2017, 09:14:20 PM »

I like Win10 generally, but then I was mainly coming from WinXP, though I had Win7 on the other computer and I liked that.

I don't like it when they keep altering windows and ui stuff.

Does ANYONE actually like curved edges?

I remember when cars were re-designed so the old sqaure edges were changed to be more streamline and curved. I remember a guy at work couldnt reverse his new car as he always used the square point on the back as a guide.
BT Full Fibre 500 - Smart Hub 2

JGO

• Reg Member
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2017, 06:17:50 AM »