Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: TP-LINK WR802N NAS Issue  (Read 12902 times)

p0ddie

• Just arrived
Re: TP-LINK WR802N NAS Issue
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2016, 12:54:04 PM »

Hey,

meanwhile TP-Link support also replied. Yes, this firmware indeed fixed the issue. In my case I had a Bizhub copier system connected to the network with the WR802N and printing worked, but scanning directly to the server via smb did not. With the new firmware, it now works. Puzzling, you could think they test stuff like this before releasing stuff... but that's what you get when you buy a $10 network adapter for a $3000 copier ;)

Thanks for your reply and for uploading the firmware.

rirethy

• Just arrived
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2016, 11:07:04 PM »

Hello (from France) :)

I was sticked with a wr802N, trying to setup a "client mode" that would accept to work.

After 3 days, I finally reached that thread thanks to google :).
Hopefully the beta firmware is still available for download. I've upgrade my WR802N with that version, and without any modification in my configuration, all now works flawlessly.

A really great thanks to you for the share, and for the tests.

I'll now also raise a ticker to TP-LINK. In my opinion, they HAVE to release a firmware fixing the client mode.

Thanks to again to vic0239 and p0ddie for the tests and uploading the firmware.

[Moderator edit to fix the emoticons.]
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 11:20:39 PM by burakkucat »

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2016, 11:23:49 PM »

Welcome to the Kitz forum.

Thank you for taking the time to register and post, confirming that the firmware also solves the problem you were experiencing.  :)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

vic0239

• Reg Member
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2016, 09:32:44 AM »

Aucun problème!

Since my original post I have acquired a second device and performed a firmware update fully expecting this fix to be incorporated into the general release. Sadly as in your experience this is not the case,  :no: but at least we have the beta.  :)
Lothian Broadband 900/900 + AAISP VDSL, Vigor2865Vac, MikroTik rb260gsp, ZyXel NWA50AX WiFi AP.

rirethy

• Just arrived
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2016, 10:13:23 AM »

Welcome to the Kitz forum.

Thank you for taking the time to register and post, confirming that the firmware also solves the problem you were experiencing.  :)

No problem. Just had to google a little to answer correctly to the questions requested to register :-)

rirethy

• Just arrived
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2017, 09:27:41 AM »

So, I raised a Ticket to Tp-Link about our problem.

After some tests and questions, the support answered me with a beta firmware, but not the same as the one "vic0239" shared with us.

I've test the beta firmware they send me, and it work as it should.
If you want to have a try, here is a link to the beta firmware I've receive : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9JVTol1WbbfUS1lRHRGT1FjX2c

I've try to convince the support to publish an official release with the client mode fix, but since beginning of January, nothing new on the Tp-Link support page.

Hope this could help someone.

Rirethy.

vic0239

• Reg Member
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2017, 11:35:26 AM »

Thanks for sharing the newer firmware.  :)

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for an official release. I asked the same question over a year ago and despite receiving assurances it would be released, nothing came of it as we well know. At the time I asked for a technical explanation of the problem and received a response which, to me, looked like a bodge to get the MAC address of the NAS (in my case) propagated. Perhaps they don't want to include such a workaround in the released code.

3 February 2016

Hi

Sorry for this delay replay, this issue certainly will be fixed in a further official firmware, currently, you have to use this beta firmware. Sorry for bringing you trouble.

Best Regards
-------------------------------
XXXXX XX
Technical Support Engineer
TP-LINK TECHNOLOGIES CO, LTD.
Lothian Broadband 900/900 + AAISP VDSL, Vigor2865Vac, MikroTik rb260gsp, ZyXel NWA50AX WiFi AP.
Pages: 1 [2]