Computers & Hardware > PC Hardware

Another crack in the water block.

(1/6) > >>

Bowdon:
This water cooled PC as been the worse for needing repairing. It's a good job the place I bought it from, overclockers uk, are good at taking it back and repairing it.

For the 2 time the water block near the graphic card seems to have cracked underneath. The first time this happened it was an EK water block, which they replaced with a XSPC version that as also cracked.

People on their forum are saying I'm unlucky. But I can say this will be the last water cooling PC I have. I might attempt build my own computer again next time.

How many of you guys have water cooled pc's? and if you do, have you had any issues with it?

Ronski:
I built my first water cooled PC around Christmas 2015, I  used good quality parts and acrylic tubing, so far it's been ok.There's a picture in the post below.

http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,19193.msg340900.html#msg340900

Bowdon:
That looks cool Ronski :)

I was a bit nervous of doing the water cooling thing but wanted to try it so I opt'ed to get someone to build it. That's the frustrating part too because my lack of knowledge stops me from fixing it myself.

How heavy is your computer to pick up? This case is the heaviest i've had.

Apparently I'm unlucky to have had 2 cracked water blocks :(

I was thinking last night, the only real part now that generates any significant heat is the graphic cards as people are moving to ssd's. I wonder if we'll ever see ssd type technology for a graphics card in the future?

parkdale:
M2 pci ssd's generate a lot of heat when under load https://pcpartpicker.com/forums/topic/129939-m2-ssd-heat
One of these might come in handy:)

Ronski:
My PC isn't too heavy, I think it's lighter than my old PC which is in a P180 Antec case. The new PC doesn't have any 3.5" HDDs, it has 1 2.5" HDD, 1 2.5" SSD and an M2 SDD so that saves quite a bit of weight, it's also a mATX case so much smaller than the Antec.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version