Broadband Related > Broadband Technology

ECI connected customers, no 3db profile

(1/17) > >>

PhilipD:
Hi

Over at ISPreview they've said the 3db VDSL profile will be excluded from ECI cabinets, so that is no G.INP (although that may still happen but breath not holding) and now no 3db profile to add to the negatives of being on ECI kit.  Presumably we can say vectoring if it happens will only be Huawei cabinets also.

At least Long Reach G.FastNotSoFast hangs from the PCP so ECI cabinets don't make a difference in deployment, unless of course they find ECI cabinets collapse and fall over on hearing the G.Fast signal as crosstalk and refuse to let anyone sync at all.

Nice one BT Openreach at the choice of ECI equipment.

Regards

Phil

skyeci:
Its possible G.INP may return from April 2017 if the testing went well  which was supposed to have been oct-dec 2016. I would guess if G.INP did work then perhaps we would see the new profiles..

Roll on April in hope...

Bowdon:
I think our only hope for any kind of parity will be when G.fast nodes go up. It'll be huawei and nokia who make the nodes.

I just had a thought.. If the fibre signal passes through the cabinet to the G.fast node, then won't G.fast be controlling the signal quality?

I guess we need to know what the node actually does to see if it can be our saviour.

blue166:
So, is G.Fast actually going to work with ECI cabs?

I am starting to get a little annoyed with what I am reading about ECI equipment.

ktz392837:
Yea I saw the same article.

<moan>

I can understand that distance to exchange and distance to cab is under control of the customer they can always move house but it was BTs decision to use ECI cabinets so in my opinion they should swap to cabs that work and give same performance as the Huaweis.

I used to have 90/30 connection (possibly more so was enjoying 80/20 for 18months+) but now down to 55/15 due to crosstalk.

Every time I sign a new contract I have to accept a lower estimated speed as BT keep lowering the estimate of the line so it makes it next to impossible for them to accept a fault as they use the ever dropping speed estimate instead of the initial estimate from several years back.

My line would more than likely be capable of 80/20 on a Huawei cab using Ginp and certainly with 3db.

BT should be using all their research time in fixing the ECI cabs before any further enhancements are applied to the Huaweis.

</moan>

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version