Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Where is an "HR fault" likely to lie?  (Read 1987 times)

aesmith

• Kitizen
Where is an "HR fault" likely to lie?
« on: January 27, 2017, 01:36:01 PM »

Hi,

A few times it's been mentioned that HR faults can be difficult to pick up with BT's testers, and can cause or increase various symptoms.   Where can these faults arise, are they more likely in particular parts or can they be literally anywhere?

Thanks, Tony S

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: Where is an "HR fault" likely to lie?
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 05:14:41 PM »

I would always pay particular attention to those joints that are situated in moist/damp/wet locations.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

tickmike

• Kitizen
  • Yes Another Penguin !. :)
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 11:36:27 PM »

If I get any feedback from BTOR that are looking for one on my line we may get some useful info.

I have a set of 6 fixed IP's From  Eclipse  isp.BT ADSL2(G992.3) line>HG612 as a Modem, Bridge, WAN Not Bound to LAN1 or 2 + Also have FTTP (G.984) No One isp Fixed IP >Dual WAN pfSense (Hardware Firewall and routing).> Two WAN's, Ethernet LAN, DMZ LAN, Zyxel GS1100-24 Switch.

aesmith

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2017, 10:34:39 AM »

Cheers.   There are a few exposed clip together joints between our house and the pole, I can check these out to see if any look damaged or vulnerable to water ingress.  I've already mounted a couple onto short stakes with yellow ex-feed sacks over them, both to weatherproof them and hopefully discourage people from driving over them.   There are still a number lying either right on the surface or just hidden in the turf, not deep enough to avoid damage when a tractor or combine runs a wheel over them.

anything