Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Past ~10 days: Interleaved+G.INP -> Interleaved no G.INP -> Fastpath no G.INP  (Read 7037 times)

BigJ

Thank you J0hn, that probably explains it then as I live in the area. A few weeks back when I started using DSLstats again, I noticed my downstream SNRM going down from 5dB to 3dB in steps of 1.

Cheers

NewtronStar

• Kitizen

In that case you should have G.INP enabled again in 48 hours  :fingers:

j0hn

• Kitizen

Then your part of the target SNRM trial. Looking at MDWS you did indeed have a target SNRM of 3dB before the resync.

From my observations of other lines in the trial they seem to revert your line to interleaving for a few days, then G.INP returns. Your line will then likely start back up in the trial.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

NewtronStar

• Kitizen

If you ever wondered what a perfect SNRM looks like then BigJ's your man  ;)

BigJ

I rather naively thought I'd caused it by shuffling things about and plugging the second cable into the HG612 :) Thanks for the additional info J0hn and NewtronStar, I'll keep an eye on it.

BigJ

Spot on guys. G.INP was enabled again around 5:00 this morning.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen

That's good, I,m guessing they are making sure the DSLAM will change automatically to  interleaving if a theoretical issue comes up when on a SNRM of 3dB that is what trials are for debugging the beast.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project

Spot on guys. G.INP was enabled again around 5:00 this morning.

:thumbs:
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen

What is nice with BigJ line is he gains 9 Mbps with G.INP and 10 Mbps on the 3dB SNR margin a gain of 19 Mbps that is impressive

BigJ

You've made me think about how my speeds have changed over the years. I dug up the earliest btwholesale speedtest from 4 years ago about 3 months after I got fibre. Back then I had an IP profile of 65 Mbps. So it looks like G.INP has done a fine job keeping my speeds up :)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 10:36:05 PM by BigJ »

displaced

• Reg Member

I've really got my fingers crossed for the 3dB roll-out!

Without G.INP my 20.5dB attenuated line wants to be around 45Mbit with lots of interleaving.  With G.INP that's a steady 50Mbit with 9/10ms ping, with zero severely-errored seconds and only ~50 errored seconds per day.

After a recent power cut, my modem synced when there was little crosstalk and it held 59Mbit with a steady-ish 3dB margin.  Errored seconds climb to about 120 per day, but the line was solid for 40-odd days until a household-only power cut caused a resync.

My line's clearly happy at 3dB, and I'm really hoping the new DLM scheme lets me have it!
YouFibre 1Gbit, OPNsense on Intel N100.  Ubiquiti UAPs.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen

You've made me think about how my speeds have changed over the years. I dug up the earliest btwholesale speedtest from 4 years ago about 3 months after I got fibre. Back then I had an IP profile of 65 Mbps. So it looks like G.INP has done a fine job keeping my speeds up :)

I did the same and dug out sample from four years ago when using Hg612_Modem_stats well before G.INP arrived  ;)

Pages: 1 [2]