Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Past ~10 days: Interleaved+G.INP -> Interleaved no G.INP -> Fastpath no G.INP  (Read 7044 times)

plank101

• Just arrived

Noticed some interesting things with my connection in the past 10-15 days or so.

Unfortunately I'm not logging things yet to MDWS but the timeline has been the following:

2 years ago: 80/20 fastpath.
~1-1.5 years ago: Steady drop in sync to ~70-80, possibly due to crosstalk,etc (or perhaps just power cuts or my VMG8924 having problems last year causing many restarts in a short period of time). G.INP kicked in at 50 (i think) with an interleaved depth of 8 to stabilise things.
10-15 days ago: Possible power cut (or something else?) caused interleaved to go up to 1283 and G.INP to come off. Sync was at 65mb (down from 75mb).
This morning at 9am: Back to fast path on the downstream. Sync at 71mb.

Anyone know the potential background or story as to why this is happening?

I do like being on fastpath, pings are back to 7-8ms to Central London. Question is, how long will it be before my line is considered for G.INP to be have any possible improvement? (Understood that it only gets turned on past a certain level of errors).

-----------------

Current stats:

Stats recorded 23 Jan 2017 22:43:38

DSLAM/MSAN type:           BDCM:0xa48c / v0xa48c
Modem/router firmware:     AnnexA version - A2pv6F039v.d26a
DSL mode:                  VDSL2 Profile 17a
Uptime:                     16 hours 53 min 21 sec
Resyncs:                   0 (since 23 Jan 2017 22:27:05)

Downstream   Upstream
Line attenuation (dB):     13.6      0.0
Signal attenuation (dB):   Not monitored      
Connection speed (kbps):   70784      20000
SNR margin (dB):           6.2      5.9
Power (dBm):               13.0      4.8
Interleave depth:          1      1
INP:                       0      0
G.INP:                     Not enabled      Not enabled
Vectoring status:          5 (VECT_UNCONFIGURED)      

RSCorr/RS (%):             N/A      0.1723
RSUnCorr/RS (%):           N/A      0.0000
ES/hour:                   4.65      2.42

j0hn

• Kitizen

(Understood that it only gets turned on past a certain level of errors).
It's default enabled on downstream for all lines(if the modem supports it). Was there any work done to your line the day it removed G.INP? Or did you change package/provider? It's usually only removed with a DLM reset or product change. After that it's roughly 10-15 days till it comes back on. I have no idea what will happen with your line though as I don't recall such an occurrence.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

Sheepie

I had DLM reset 15 days ago, and GINP has still not been re-enabled, although at the time of DLM reset the enginner called up someone who then removed the "default" interleave. It's been on fastpath ever since (and no resync, yet).

NewtronStar

• Kitizen

It is not a exact science when predicting when G.INP will return after a line reset, it did return after 11 days on my line and some others saw similar times, have taken a look MDWS and your on the 15th day since your DLM was reset so give it a few more days  :fingers:

Sheepie

It's no big deal at the moment since I am not interleaved, but just seems a bit silly that I am GINP capable and yet it's not enabled.

I really cannot understand why BT will not make their [DLM] algorithms public, at least then people might know what to expect.

I have actually worked at a BT site (BT Eldon House exchange in central Sheffield), and it's like going back in time to the 1980's, Fecking Unions, jobs worth staff, everything done as cheap as possible..... in fact probably the worst place I have ever worked. Sorry, but BT is full of overpaid fatcats at the top and the people on the ground doing actual real work are paid the bare minimum.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen

BT are just like any other company it's all about profit and no profit = job losses + less investment into infrastructure schemes and that results in a poor service and sure look at the drop of BT shares after the Italian corruption scandal 530 million lost, at some point we are all going to feel the effect of this

NewtronStar

• Kitizen

Just had another resync lol, right i'm of to do a bit of shappen ( it's the way we talk) at tescos and later on this evening after a few beers i'll disconnect the VF 2500 and see how far I can throw it down the back field how far do you reckon 20-25 meters   ;D

plank101

• Just arrived

It's default enabled on downstream for all lines(if the modem supports it). Was there any work done to your line the day it removed G.INP? Or did you change package/provider? It's usually only removed with a DLM reset or product change. After that it's roughly 10-15 days till it comes back on. I have no idea what will happen with your line though as I don't recall such an occurrence.

I was not aware that any work was done on my line on the day that it removed G.INP. I haven't changed package or provider either. Just an update, G.INP returned last Wednesday (25th Jan) at 5-6am in the morning.

Stats recorded 31 Jan 2017 00:00:49

DSLAM/MSAN type:           BDCM:0xa48c / v0xa48c
Modem/router firmware:     AnnexA version - A2pv6F039v.d26a
DSL mode:                  VDSL2 Profile 17a
Uptime:                    5 days 18 hours 17 min 42 sec
Resyncs:                   0 (since 30 Jan 2017 23:57:16)

Downstream   Upstream
Line attenuation (dB):     13.7      0.0
Signal attenuation (dB):   Not monitored      
Connection speed (kbps):   76167      20000
SNR margin (dB):           6.4      6.1
Power (dBm):               13.0      5.1
Interleave depth:          8      1
INP:                       48.00      0
G.INP:                     Enabled      Not enabled
Vectoring status:          5 (VECT_UNCONFIGURED)      

RSCorr/RS (%):             0.0060      0.9287
RSUnCorr/RS (%):           0.0000      0.0000
ES/hour:                   0      0

Sheepie

So how long was G.INP disabled for?

Mine is still disabled after 20 days of sync.

plank101

• Just arrived

Somewhere between 10-17 days. Definitely less than 20 days.

Sheepie

not sure whats going on with mine then, still not had G.INP enabeld after 23 days sync time. I guess:

1. not enough errors on fastpath to cause G.INP to kick in (about 500 per day)
2. G.INP disabled at the DLM (when they manually removed interleave during DLM reset)
3. G.INP may become enabled but only when modem re-syncs

I just hope I do not get interleaved, that is all I really care about.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen

Can only go on what I see on my line after DLM or change of ISP resets my DS errored seconds are two high on fastpath 2000+ on standard DLM profile and after two days it's then interleaved for 11 days then G.INP is turned on.

Does it need to enter the interleaved state for G.INP to then become active as after all it's just another type of error correction tool with good inpluse noise protection for me it does
« Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 05:57:27 PM by NewtronStar »

NewtronStar

• Kitizen

May have to amend my previous post, since the last DLM reset done by OR over two weeks ago G.INP has not returned, and I did loose G.INP before that DLM reset due to constant disconnects it seems to default to interleaving in cases like this.

So I am wondering if G.INP will come back quickly (11 days) after changing ISP or will it take a few months  :-\

BigJ

The same has just happened to me today at a few minutes past 12:00. I've not changed provider, hard any work done or asked for a DLM reset. Is there any way check by looking at the data from DSLstats or mydslwebstats if it was caused by a DLM reset?

With any luck I'll get my sync rate of 75 Mbps back in a few weeks.

EDIT: I'm using a Billion 8900AX modem

Just for info,

Code: [Select]
DSLAM/MSAN type:        BDCM:0xa48c / v0xa48c
Modem/router firmware:  AnnexA version - A2pv6F039v.d26m
DSL mode:                VDSL2 Profile 17a
Uptime:                  5 hours 55 min 15 sec
Resyncs:                1 (since 11 Feb 2017 17:09:26)

Downstream Upstream
Line attenuation (dB):  15.9 0.0
Signal attenuation (dB): Not available on VDSL2
Connection speed (kbps): 56280 19999
SNR margin (dB):        6.3 15.1
Power (dBm):            14.0 6.8
Interleave depth:        1101 1
INP:                    3.00 0
G.INP:                  Not enabled Not enabled
Vectoring status:        5 (VECT_UNCONFIGURED)

RSCorr/RS (%):          0.0001 0.0000
RSUnCorr/RS (%):        0.0000 0.0000
ES/hour:                0.56 0.50
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 06:31:03 PM by BigJ »

j0hn

• Kitizen

If you happen to be in Devon & Somerset area then that could explain it, if not no idea. That whole area is part of the  3,4,5dB snrm trial and quite a few lines seem to keep getting reset.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM
Pages: [1] 2