Broadband Related > FTTC and FTTP Issues

Is my line banded or capped in some way?

(1/5) > >>

broadstairs:
I had been running for over 128 days on my line until yesterday evening when the router decided to stop allowing telnet. My SNRM had dropped considerably over that time and my attainable was well below my actual. On the reboot and therefore resync I expected my SNRM to return to around 6db and the actual to drop to somewhere around the 55000kbps which was where the attainable was.

Now as can be seen on MDWS my attainable is 64036kbps but my actual is 59995kbps with an SNRM of 7.3db. With that attainable I expected the actual to be closer to that value with a 6db SNRM.

So am I banded or capped in some way, if so can anyone suggest how or why? I am on the Fibre large with TalkTalk. The sync value has been set at that value since earlier in 2016 following some problems with my line which were never fixed but have not recurred. What bothers me is that in the future if/when G.INP returns or the 3db sync is introduced I will not gain anything.

Stuart

Chrysalis:
a load of 9s after the 5 and high snrm suggests banding yes.

licquorice:
Yep, if it stays the same when re-resyncing , almost definitely banded at 60M except that https://community.plus.net/t5/Library/FTTC-DLM-What-it-is-How-it-works/ba-p/1322799 doesn't show a 60M band limit.

broadstairs:
I have raised a thread on the TT forum asking why my line syncs at such an exact speed with a higher than expected SNRM?

I expect I will get all the usual claptrap from TT but I will try to get an answer.

Stuart

Sheepie:
I was banded at 60M exactly and was like that for over a month before I had to get DLM reset.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version