Broadband Related > ISPs

IDNet have a new deal for gaming enthusiasts

(1/2) > >>

Weaver:
According to ispreview
    http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2017/01/uk-isp-idnet-launches-broadband-package-multiplayer-gamers.html

Good for idnet!

The blurb quoted says something about prioritising you so that you get put to the front of the queue at the exchange. Better hope that no one else buys BTW’s 'premium' traffic priority option then, including any other idnet gaming users.

tommy45:
They can make all the claims that they want but if their peering to other countries and even to some providers within the uk isn't the best in that it always takes the shortest path,so not always via London then for some it would make any difference, also i believe Idnet use Zen's network for backhaul where the exchange has their GEA cable links installed so quite how their network level priority will work over that i'm not sure

the price for the vdsl on it's own is nearly £50 per month , and they want to tie you into a 12mth term when for those who have had their vdsl2 connection for more than 12mths BT Openreach don't hold the ISP to a new 12mth min term, so long as it's the same service type and same address migration

j0hn:

--- Quote from: tommy45 on January 14, 2017, 01:46:22 PM ---also i believe Idnet use Zen's network for backhaul where the exchange has their GEA cable links installed so quite how their network level priority will work over that i'm not sure

--- End quote ---
They could also use BTw on those exchanges for the gaming package if they can't get the required priority from Zen.

tommy45:

--- Quote from: j0hn on January 14, 2017, 03:20:41 PM ---They could also use BTw on those exchanges for the gaming package if they can't get the required priority from Zen.

--- End quote ---
Well unless Zen's kit was being overloaded, it's likely that it would perform better than the BTW network, Idnet make some very bold claims about latency which they in many cases will have no or very little control over due to using a third parties network and peering , They certainly can't guarantee to give the lowest latency for example
And Even if the provision on BTW's elevated traffic priority it's only a 20mbps difference between that and the standard option which could help explain it's eye-watering price

NEXUS2345:
I am with Zen and have extremely low pings even over BTW. It is worth noting that IDNet do also use FluidData as well so that may also be a supplier.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version