Computer Software > Windows 10

Windows 10 warning message

(1/1)

broadstairs:
Elsewhere today I saw a report from someone who said their Windows 10 system was issuing a warning message that his copy of Firefox was draining the battery too fast and he should switch to Edge! Now has anyone else seen this I wonder? Does seem strange but I have no reason to disbelieve this person. Also strange after all the issues MS had with browser wars that they would do something like this.

Stuart

broadstairs:
It would indeed seem that this is correct, a quick Google has shown up this from the Express newspaper, and this from Slashdot.

Stuart

skyeci:
Yes happened on my laptop yesterday..

broadstairs:
I think mots here know I dont use Windows much so it is unlikely I'll see it as I only have one PC running W7. I am just quite surprised that they are still doing this stuff. It would be just about acceptable if they suggested their own s/w ran with low impact but to do this when anyone fires up other peoples s/w and compare it directly is unacceptable as I doubt very much they can prove this in an independent test. It was suggest that the next thing might be running LibreOffice and you might get a similar statement about MS Works etc.

Stuart

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version