Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: VMG8924-B10a disable TR-069  (Read 41269 times)

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
Re: VMG8924-B10a disable TR-069
« Reply #75 on: December 31, 2016, 07:04:03 PM »

You just create a task in hg612stats, no manual commands to send from the program

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #76 on: December 31, 2016, 07:07:34 PM »

I did try sending a command through DSLstats but got the same message as with telnet (-sh: save_default: not found)
 I think digitalis sent the commands through DSLstats... maybe I'm not logging in correctly.

With my VMG1312-B10D, I had to invoke zycli save_default clean.

Here follows a log of my actions --

admin@ap's password:

BusyBox v1.20.1 (2016-10-18 15:41:48 CST) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

$ zycli
zycli help
wan
ethwanctl
dns
pppoectl
vcautohuntctl
sys
tr069
wlan
cfgupdate
save_default
$ zycli save_default clean
== Clean ROMD. ==
$ hexdump -C /dev/mtdblock3
00000000  ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff  ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff  |................|
$

I logged into the device via ssh, induced the zycli command to tell me its various options, used the correct incantation to clear the ROM-D and then, with the aid of the hexdump utility, confirmed that mtdblock3 (a.k.a. ROM-D) had been cleared.

Please take care, as it is possible that none of the above will be relevant for your device.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

nix

• Just arrived
« Reply #77 on: December 31, 2016, 07:15:42 PM »

Thanks skyeci, I'll have looksee...

Thanks burakkucat, that looks really promising as I've just telnetted my device with the zycli command and got the same menu...

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #78 on: December 31, 2016, 08:25:22 PM »

Thanks burakkucat, that looks really promising as I've just telnetted my device with the zycli command and got the same menu...

Excellent progress!

One other step which is not documented in that snippet from my log file and which I failed to mention, above, is that once ROM-D has been cleared it is imperative that a hardware-level reset is performed on the device. So once the zycli save_default clean incantation has been issued, with the use of your favourite straightened-out paper-clip, press and keep pressed the reset button for around 20 - 30 seconds. Once the reset button has been released, leave the device alone for at least five minutes. Finally, I would recommend that you perform a controlled power-cycle of the device.

nix

• Just arrived
« Reply #79 on: December 31, 2016, 08:52:54 PM »

Well, that worked pretty well, thank you burakkucat  :)

I followed your advice, used ssh via PuTTY, invoked the 'zycli save_default clean' command, got the == Clean ROMD. == message and then entered 'hexdump -C /dev/mtdblock3' to verify the ROMD was clear, then hard reset the device with a pointy thing and hey presto! I have stock firmware on my machine  ;D

The maintenance menu now includes Firmware Upgrade and Remote Management but no TR-069 or TR-064 control, dunno if ZyXEL have removed them in the firmware...

I have used the Firmware Upgrade to successfully install the latest firmware V5.11(AAVF.3)C0

I'm well pleased as I got the VMG3925-B10B for a song on ebay, it's almost new and it's a lovely little router ;D

Thanks evryone for all your help, special thanks to burakkucat  :)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 10:56:09 PM by nix »

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #80 on: December 31, 2016, 09:20:06 PM »

Well, that worked pretty well, thank you burakkucat  :)

<snip>

Thanks evryone for all your help, special thanks to burakkucat  :)

You're welcome.  :blush:

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #81 on: December 31, 2016, 10:03:35 PM »

According to the User Guide I just downloaded for the VMG3925-B10B it should have the TR-064 and TR-069 screens to configure these options.

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #82 on: December 31, 2016, 10:24:22 PM »

Are you meaning the cfe_password_generator? The link is here and it compiles OK

Stuart

The link in the first post in the link below, and in later posts in the same thread

http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/topic,13939.0.html

If the link Stuart posted is correct then the posts could do with editing to reflect the updated source.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

nix

• Just arrived
« Reply #83 on: December 31, 2016, 11:11:36 PM »

According to the User Guide I just downloaded for the VMG3925-B10B it should have the TR-064 and TR-069 screens to configure these options.

Stuart

Thanks Stuart, yes I saw them in the User Guide, can't seem to get them to appear, I tried the j0hn method of updating the firmware, resetting from within the gui, telnet the 'save_default clean' command then finally hard resetting... Didn't work for me...

soydemadrid

• Just arrived
« Reply #84 on: February 16, 2017, 11:19:09 PM »

To get all the menus for the admin user you can also just export the router config from the GUI and then add under privileges:

<X_5067F0_Login_Group instance="1">
<GroupKey>0</GroupKey>
<Privilege>
broadband,wireless,homeNetworking,usbService,powerManagement,routing,dnsroute,vlangroup,qos,nat,dns,halfBridge,igmpSetting,intfGrp,firewall,macFilter,parentalControl,schedulerRule,certificates,ipsecVPN,pptpVPN,sip,phone,callRule,callHistory,log,trafficStatus,voipStatus,arpTable,routeTable,igmpGroupStatus,xdslStatistics,3gStatistics,system,userAccount,remoteMGMT,tr069Client,tr064,time,emailNotification,logSetting,firmwareUpgrade,configuration,reboot,disagnostic,HelpDesk,wizard,status,snmp
</Privilege>

Then just reimport the config and all the menus options will be there!

NiceButDim

• Just arrived
« Reply #85 on: March 10, 2017, 12:09:03 AM »

I just picked up a new Zyxel VMG3925-B10B on Ebay for not a lot of money.  I set it up and then wanted to check the firmware version, but couldn't find the firmware upgrade or the TR069 menus so then did a search and came here. 

I was just about to get a serial connection setup and unlock the unit, when I decided to setup a user (ie. not administrator ) account.  I then logged out and back in again with the new user account and I can see both the menus.  Fortunately my firmware is already at the latest V5.11(AAVF.3)C0 .

NiceButDim

• Just arrived
Re: VMG3925-B10B disable TR-069
« Reply #86 on: March 13, 2017, 12:26:50 AM »

This is hopefully of use to anyone using a VMG-3925-B10B and either can't access the firmware update menu and/or can't see the TR-069 menu.

I have two of these boxes now. Both were customised for KCOM.

On the first box:
I created an account with "user" access and when you log in the TR069 and firmware upgrade become available. This box already had the latest firmware.  I was able to toggle TR-069 using CWMP Active menu option.  I can confirm that it does open/close port 7547 when testing with Shields up.

On the second box:
This had older firmware.
I telnet'd into this box and cleaned ROM-D using save_default clean.  After a reboot, from the admin login this exposed the firmware upgrade menu but not the TR-069 menu. I then updated the firmware to the latest.
Still no TR069 menu but it appears to default to closed.  After the update, still no sign of the TR-069 menu.  further more, the "user" account no longer includes the TR-069 menu.  It seems that is included in the KCOM config which is wiped by save_default clean.

I'd really like it to be stealth not closed and will be contacting ZyXel to ask why it is isn't, but the important thing is that it is closed to ISP's trying to access your modem.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 09:29:13 AM by NiceButDim »

ejsolutions

• Just arrived
« Reply #87 on: May 28, 2017, 01:32:15 PM »

@NiceButDim:
You've likely tried this..
Could you save the configuration of the working TR-069 menu, then import it to the non-working one, to see if it appears?

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #88 on: July 28, 2017, 11:45:04 PM »

I can confirm this works. send the telnet command save_default clean, then reset the modem via the pin hole reset button

doesnt work here on my kcom zyxel, the supervisor password doesnt work.

Am I in the position of having to beg zyxel for this password or is there another way?

I tried NiceButDim's method but command isnt found.

$ save_default clean
sh: save_default: not found

Ok I logged in as a new user and that seems to have worked but where do I find the "1.00(AAKL.5)" firmware?

The firmware on zyxel site and my device is "V5.11(AAVF.3)C0" a completely different numbering scheme.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 11:57:33 PM by Chrysalis »

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #89 on: July 29, 2017, 12:26:16 AM »

Here's a quick method of checking if the ROM-D has been cleared --
  • Login as admin
  • At the busybox shell prompt, issue the command hexdump -C /dev/mtdblock3
If the following is displayed, then the ROM-D has been cleared --

Code: [Select]
$ hexdump -C /dev/mtdblock3
00000000  ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff  ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff  |................|
$

Please note that the above is a valid method for the VMG1312-B10D but I also expect it to work on other ZyXEL VMGxxxx devices.

I see this but it seems not all is what it seems.

This is what I have managed to do.

I created a new account, which added the firmware upgrade option, but no options to disable tr options.

I flashed a firmware from zyxel's site and selected reset to defaults as well, I assumed an entire new firmware would fix all this.
However after the flash it was locked again.
Remade a new user account and firmware upgrade is visible but no tr options.
Made a new admin account, same as admin except firmware upgrade visible but no TR options (or VOIP).

I ran your hexdump command which shows the exact output you pasted.

I have ran the save_default clean (which worked after I flashed new firmware) and did a pin reset, but still a restricted interface.

To get all the menus for the admin user you can also just export the router config from the GUI and then add under privileges:

Then just reimport the config and all the menus options will be there!

interesting but is no privileges section in my exported config.

I suspoect your trick has been closed off in the newer firmware, as I see this line

Code: [Select]
"Privilege":"_encrypt_QYgPXv7+tjfYdxBKWq1gpoRpSktHo7\/nOHxelBC44t0=",
Seems they now encrypted the field.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 12:37:15 AM by Chrysalis »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

anything