Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: Which ISP  (Read 41530 times)

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
Re: Which ISP
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2016, 06:36:32 PM »

Have gave up hope with Vodafone and cancelled our contract which has a 30 day cooling off period thank god for that going back to EE good offer and no connection fee with username & password

Now its not just the case you can't use a third party modem it's these constant disconnects which is pissing me off and sat down to watch DR Who Xmas show on iplayer HD and 2 resyncs with in 10 minutes  >:(

Avoid Vodafone if possible that is just from my own experience.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2016, 10:16:34 PM »

Avoid Vodafone if possible that is just from my own experience.

Here's hoping that your reversion back to an EE provided service goes smoothly.  :fingers:
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2016, 10:59:40 PM »

It should do the only thing that showed up during a GEA test with Vodafone is interference on the line and raising a REIN team from openreach which won't find or fix anything as I have been trying to find the source for over three years  ???

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2016, 11:57:15 PM »

When we next see you uploading your circuit's statistics to MDWS then we will know you are back with EE.  :)

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2016, 08:07:33 AM »

the good news I guess newt is your experience will serve to help others and vodafone honour a cooling down period that lasts after installation.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2016, 01:40:13 PM »

I didn't realize VF had this 30 day period cooling off then seen a post on the forums from Kitz dated October, this HHG2500 will be  shipped back once it's return bag arrives but unfortunately we lose the connection fee of £49.

One thing I don't understand with Vodafone when I run the BT Speed Test it will not allow me to run the further diagnostic test the one that gives your IP profile I know this happens with SKY and TT   

psychopomp1

• Reg Member
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2016, 07:10:47 PM »

One thing I don't understand with Vodafone when I run the BT Speed Test it will not allow me to run the further diagnostic test the one that gives your IP profile I know this happens with SKY and TT

You definitely cannot run the BT 'further diagnostics' tests on Sky or TalkTalk connections, they will only work on BTW based circuits.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2016, 08:51:11 PM »

yeah the tech team said I am getting vodafone FTTC via the BTW which should allow the BT 'further diagnostics' tests to run even the tech team said it should work but no just get this message

"The Performance Tester is currently unable to run a speed test for your broadband connection. Please try again shortly, however if this problem persists,raise the issue with your service provider"

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #53 on: December 31, 2016, 12:42:08 AM »

Glad they are honouring their additional 30 day cooling off period.   As you know I was looking at them earlier this because of cost.. but when I weighed up everything it was just too restrictive for me.   Its certainly cheap so I can see why it is popular, but Ive seen a few others also opt to get out early too.  Hope the migration back to EE goes smoothly. :fingers:

It's because the test is provided by BT wholesale and therefore can only test connections that traverse over the BT wholesale network.  Its always been like that - TT & Sky LLU users have never been able to use the diagnostics because those ISPs are non BTw.  So is Vodafone since they took over the old C&W LLU equipment and used their backhauls.

From ~ Can I use the BTw Performance Tester?

To use the BT Wholesale performance tester in its entirety, your ISP needs to provision your connection over the BT Wholesale network.

Some examples of ISPs that use the BTw network are:- BT, Plusnet, Zen, IDnet.
It will not work if your broadband is provisioned by an LLU supplier such as TalkTalk or Sky.

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

aesmith

• Kitizen
« Reply #54 on: December 31, 2016, 04:22:59 PM »

It never worked when I was with Plusnet either.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #55 on: December 31, 2016, 05:13:10 PM »

So is Vodafone since they took over the old C&W LLU equipment and used their backhauls.

That explains it and was thinking this must be because it's LLU or something like that, thanks Kitz and interesting to as when checking the availability checker on local exchange it gives me no LLU providers but as my FTTC comes from the larger parent exchange it shows it can be done.

Most UK ISPs use BT exchange equipment to supply their DSL broadband, for those ISPs you should use the information on the left.
The following is a list of providers offering an alternative service to BT Wholesale based
broadband in your area.

LLU Providers   

C&W   Not available   
   Edge Telecom   Not available   
   Entanet   Not available   
   Kingston   Not available   
   Lumison   Not available   
   Node4   Not available   
   Origin   Not available   
   Rutland   Not available   
   Sky   Not available   
   TalkTalk   Not available   
   Timico   Not available   
   WB Internet   Not available   
   Zen   Not available
« Last Edit: December 31, 2016, 05:22:15 PM by NewtronStar »

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #56 on: January 06, 2017, 07:06:58 PM »

EE tells me there is no available ports so we cannot migrate to them on fibre and the order for 40/10 that was placed last Thursday has been cancelled.

What can i do now ?

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #57 on: January 06, 2017, 09:21:18 PM »

Get back to EE and let them know that a spare port is not required. They should just take over the one that you are currently using.  :-X

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2017, 10:58:37 PM »

Get back to EE and let them know that a spare port is not required. They should just take over the one that you are currently using.  :-X

EE said the FTTC cabinet is full the only way is to downgrade to standard broadband and wait to see if a port becomes available the difference this time the ISP is LLU'd (vodafone) so the port must be different to EE's port  :-\

I lost my composure with EE on the telephone they never called me back to say the order did not go through a lot of xxx words during the call but I did apologize after it had sunk in

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2017, 11:17:13 PM »

. . . the ISP is LLU'd (vodafone) so the port must be different to EE's port  :-\

No.  :no:  The line-card port has not changed. Remember that the G.993.2 circuit remains the same for any ISP/CP.

That G.993.2 link is between your modem/router and Openreach's Huawei SmartAX MA5603T MSAN in the cabinet associated with NIHB_P1. The physical fibre link connects the MA5603T MSAN with the OLT situated in NIBA.

EE are being very "economical" with the truth if that is their response.  :o

I really do not know what to suggest.  :(

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12