Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: Which ISP  (Read 41532 times)

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
Re: Which ISP
« Reply #120 on: February 15, 2017, 05:11:54 PM »

the order for EE broadband & phone service was done online on sunday and this way they can send messages to mobile giving updates into how the order is proceeding, the last message says active by midnight 27/2/2017, and extra £9 a month more than VF but this time with All Calls still £6 less than what EE were charging before we left.

And still checking availability using are address each day  :fingers: 
PS updated the disconnected log for 24 hours
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 05:34:57 PM by NewtronStar »

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #121 on: February 15, 2017, 10:34:09 PM »

. . . the last message says active by midnight 27/2/2017, . . .

The next twelve days will probably seem like forever. Especially with --

PS updated the disconnected log for 24 hours

Double yuck! :yuck:
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #122 on: February 16, 2017, 12:54:56 PM »

Just hope the order goes through this time BC, i can live with slow broadband and interleaving and being capped but have to say disconnections are the most frustrating issue to have it's definitely change my perspective about broadband speed snrm and all that stuff.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #123 on: February 19, 2017, 02:15:00 PM »

Entered the telephone number into availability checker this time I read the text below and noticed this multiple order and a date, does that confirm the order to EE is going ahead received the welcome pack on friday.

For all ADSL and WBC Fibre to the Cabinet (VDSL or G.fast) services, the stable line rate will be determined during the first 10 days of service usage.

This line is on a Market A Exchange.

There are multiple orders open on your line which are due to complete by 27-Feb-2017.

For VDSL or G.fast Ranges A and B, the term "Clean" relates to a line which is free from any wiring issues (e.g. Bridge Taps) and/or Copper line conditions, and the term "Impacted" relates to a line which may have wiring issues (e.g. Bridge Taps) and/or Copper line conditions.

In order to be eligible for handback, downstream speed should be less than Downstream Handback Threshold values.

Throughput/download speeds will be less than line rates and can be affected by a number of factors within and external to BT's network, Communication Providers' networks and within customer premises.

The Stop Sale date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2012; the Formal Retirement date for Datastream is from 30-Jun-2014.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #124 on: February 19, 2017, 04:40:39 PM »

There are multiple orders open on your line which are due to complete by 27-Feb-2017.

I wonder if that is a reference to the telephony side of the migration?  :-\

If I've remembered correctly, Vodafone migrated your telephony service from BT Wholesale to their LLU platform. So I would expect the reverse to occur when migrating back to EE.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #125 on: February 19, 2017, 04:57:22 PM »

the days are ticking down when you can use a "proper" modem again.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #126 on: February 19, 2017, 07:39:24 PM »

I wonder if that is a reference to the telephony side of the migration?  :-\

Really don't know BC as it's the first time I've seen this info before and never checked it when migrating to VF, at least something is going on this time and the more I think about the last time we tried to move back to EE we received no emails no welcome pack in 7 days.

the days are ticking down when you can use a "proper" modem again.

Your so right I can't wait to kick the feck out of this HHG2500 can't put all the blame on VF as Huawei made this piece of turd and it has BCM63168 which looses sync to the DSLAM, it's the most unreliable all in one FTTC modem I've ever used from a ISP even the HH5A was reliable and the BrightBox2 was perfect

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #127 on: February 19, 2017, 09:47:10 PM »

. . . I can't wait to kick the feck out of this HHG2500 can't put all the blame on VF as Huawei made this piece of turd and it has BCM63168 which looses sync to the DSLAM, . . .

It might be an idea to offer it to csiwek, as it's a configured device from which he can remove the NAND flash chip and then investigate.

I thought it is regularly dropping the PPPoE connection to the VF bRAS but the synchronised state with the DSLAM remains intact.  :-\

In terms of physical construction, the HHG2500 seems to be quite well made. I would like to see how one behaves if, say, OpenWRT could be loaded onto it in place of the current software image.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #128 on: February 20, 2017, 07:13:36 PM »

If it's so well made why does it keep disconnecting am on the 7th disconnect since 6pm why would anyone with a sane mind even consider trying flash it with OpenWRT it's a piece of turd the w-fi signal strength is also very bad   :thumbdown:

ejs

• Kitizen
« Reply #129 on: February 20, 2017, 07:17:03 PM »

There's no support for Broadcom DSL in OpenWRT, so it would be only functioning as a wireless router if it could be made to run OpenWRT.

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #130 on: February 20, 2017, 07:20:48 PM »

It'd still be worth donating it to CSIWEK just in case it helps him work out how to crack the thing without a very large hammer that it deserves!
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #131 on: February 20, 2017, 07:28:50 PM »

Ronski I just wanna place in it's return bag to Vodafone an forget about this mess.

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #132 on: February 20, 2017, 07:53:47 PM »

Didn't realise they wanted it back.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #133 on: February 20, 2017, 08:47:59 PM »

If you go into ETF (Early Termination Fee) even though it has been waived there is a good chance the ISP will ask for their modem/router to be sent back, but the Tech2 team said to me after I asked should I send the modem/router back to you after the next ISP has taken over he said no, but I don'r trust them.

So I'll keep the modem/router and wait for VF's final bill via post and see what they say.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #134 on: February 20, 2017, 08:49:47 PM »

So I'll keep the modem/router and wait for VF's final bill via post and see what they say.

That is a good plan of action.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12