Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: How Do My Stats Look?  (Read 9027 times)

keyap

Re: How Do My Stats Look?
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2016, 02:03:27 PM »

Not sure if I should post this here or on another section of the forum, but I've noticed that every hour, on the hour, the HG612 Stats program stops updating.

From what I can see, at this time, there's two instances of HG612_stats.exe running? Killing the processes make it work again.

This can be seen in my online stats which show a small gap in data until I do the above?

Anyone got any ideas?

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2016, 02:12:28 PM »

I occasionally saw similar problems. Switching to using DslStats, I've not had any problem since.

There's a specific forum section for stats monitoring programs. Either ask for help with HG612_Modem_Stats in their specific thread, or give DslStats a go.

http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php/board,46.0.html
Router Monitoring Software section ^^^^

http://www.s446074245.websitehome.co.uk/downloads.html
DslStats download site ^^^^
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

keyap

« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2016, 02:15:51 PM »

Thanks John,

As I've ordered a PI, and will therefore need to switch to DsLStats, I'll give it a go on the PC.

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2016, 03:55:39 PM »

I have seen this. I think it can be related to if you create a new task in hg612stats and the old one remains. You could try deleting any hg612 tasks  from scheduler and the re open hgstats and then create a new task from scratch. Then check back in scheduled  jobs that only one has been created/active.. worked for me..

keyap

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2016, 04:13:50 PM »

You may be onto something. When I created the task in the GUI it would not accept my User Name even though the details were correct. I had to set it to run as Administrator however, although it would accept the user name it kept failing. To get it to work I then had to amend the User Name manually in windows task scheduler back to what I was trying to enter originally via the GUI. It accepted the manual entry but had the hourly disconnect bug?

As I cannot set a task with the correct user name via the GUI. I've deleted the original and manually added one to windows task scheduler myself from scratch with the right info. It looks like it's working OK for now so fingers crossed for 17:00.

Another strange thing is that I cannot get DSLStats to work on the PC? App will start fine and log but it then tries to run something called cURL which errors - 'The cURL executable has encountered a problem and needs to close...... etc'.

Not a big issue as everything should be up and running on the PI soon  :fingers:

keyap

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2016, 12:03:18 AM »

Think I've sorted the problem with the HG612_Stats on the PC stopping on the hour. I had 'Snapshots' enabled running on the hour at hourly intervals. Turning 'Snapshot Stats' off seems to have cured the problem  :)

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2016, 08:52:43 AM »

There is a bug in windows task  scheduler where a task could be run twice, which because the task is run every minute is quite likely to happen on affected systems.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/2461249

As far as I'm aware this does not affect Windows 8 or newer.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

keyap

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2016, 10:33:54 AM »

I'm on XP which isn't listed as one of the impacted OS's. I think turning off 'Snapshots' seems to have sorted it - I've now been running for a few hours and it's not stopped  :fingers:
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 02:59:45 PM by keyap »

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2016, 04:52:38 PM »

XP is no longer supported so they wouldn't mention it as there wouldn't be a hotfix for it.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

keyap

« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2016, 07:28:42 PM »

I'm on XP which isn't listed as one of the impacted OS's

XP is no longer supported so they wouldn't mention it as there wouldn't be a hotfix for it.

Of course  :-[

Thankfully switching off Snapshots has worked

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2016, 07:42:59 PM »

Did you check the scheduled jobs etc?..I use snapshots with no issue. I had the duplicate error which as I said for me was down to 2 jobs being active...

keyap

« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2016, 08:07:22 PM »

Yep... checked the jobs and 2 jobs running at the same time was the problem but it was triggered by snapshots (not sure why though?). Possibly a combination of my really old, slow computer and running XP?

With snapshots on (set to run each hour) there was one HG612_Stats.exe running every minute except for on the hour when two ran causing logging to stop.

With snapshots off only one HG612_Stats.exe runs, even on the hour.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2016, 10:35:58 PM »

Quiet Line and HLOG is very good and wondering what service your using 55/10 it cant be 40/10 or you would be capped at a DS sync of 39999 kbps, SNRM looks steady apart from interference noise from 15:40 to 17:15

Bits/Tones very good no RFI ingress getting into the well balanced pairs the errored seconds on the DS is very good with G.INP but US errored second rate is fair but could be better if G.INP was enabled.

keyap

« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2016, 10:47:54 AM »

Thanks. I'm on 80/?. When I first looked at FTTC, based on the BTWholesale estimate, I wasn't sure if I would benefit from 80 Vs 40 (55 is not available with my ISP). Thankfully the ISP I chose agreed to give me the 80 option for the same prices as their 40 packages as an introductory offer.

They let me have this for the first 6 months with the agreement that after this period I can either switch to 40 or keep the 80. At this point however, the 80 would then cost more albeit only a few £s.

Form a line perspective, it sounds like everything is OK and I should have a PI soon so 24/7 monitoring will be set up. Hopefully that won't highlight any issues!

Is there anything I should do / need to do based on the stats?

Dray

• Kitizen
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2016, 01:12:33 PM »

The SNRM looks like a concern. I want to see continuous stats really so roll-on getting your Pi set up ;)
Pages: 1 [2] 3

anything