Computers & Hardware > Android & other hand held devices

Samsung Tablets

(1/2) > >>

tickmike:
Anyone use a Samsung Tablet ? Mrs tickmike says it would be nice for 'Santa' to bring one  ;D

http://www.ebuyer.com/749917-samsung-galaxy-tab-a-16gb-wi-fi-tablet-black-sm-t580nzkabtu
This one has 'Android 6.0 Marshmallow' os.

broadstairs:
We have an older Samsung 10in tablet, an older 8in Samsung tablet and two HUDL2s. None of which are used now except one of the HUDLs when we go on holiday just to be able to look stuff up on where we are going. While they work my wife in particular has issues with tablets because of the touch only system in use on all the models we have. She is used also to a proper keyboard and so again does not like the touch one, OK you can have a separate one but this adds bulk to what you carry round!

If Mrs tickmike has not used a tablet before I would very strongly suggest that she actually visits a store to try out the various models including the touch system and keyboard prior to any purchase.

Stuart

Ronski:
I've had a Samsung Galaxy Note 2014 edition for a couple of years now, previous cheap tablets became unusable, they slowed down and nothing I did would fix it. The performance of the Samsung, and my daughters 2012 version has pretty much remained constant. I did have some battery issues which turned out to be the charger cable.

I believe Kitz purchased a Samsung tablet about a year ago, having previously had an Ipad so would be interesting to hear her thoughts a year on.

tickmike:
Mrs tickmike has a ' Scroll evoke 7" ' this seems familiar with this one  'slowed down and nothing I did would fix it' 

kitz:
Yep I got a Galaxy Tab S2 last year which runs on Android 6.0.1.   Dont think Mrs TM will have any problems with the touch system or keyboard.. it all works nice and smooth.   Although I do have a separate case/keyboard, I dont tend to use it - unlike with my ipad when I used the separate keyboard quite often.   I specifically bought a separate keyboard case for the S2 thinking I would frequently need it like with the ipad... but TBH I think Ive only used it twice in the past year.

There was a BlackFriday deal for £100 off at Curry's/PCW , plus Samsung were giving £50 Black Friday cash back which meant I got equivalent spec to the latest ipad for half the price bar about £2.   Samsung often do decent BlackFriday deals, so it may be worth hanging on another week or so.

I was 'forced' into purchasing a new tablet after an ioS upgrade slowed my ipad down to a practically unusable state and there was no way to roll back the 'upgrade'.
Am I happy with it.  YES!!  Although I loved my ipad at the time, I had some niggles with the way Apple do things. 
Now I personally much prefer Samsung to Apple.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version