Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: BBC USA?  (Read 1186 times)

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
BBC USA?
« on: November 10, 2016, 12:25:43 AM »

I'm aware that there was an unexpected election result today, in another country.  I'm also aware that it was important, and it was not the result the BBC predicted.

Additionally, and even more unexpectedly, there was a tram crash in London in which 7 people died and 50 were injured.  That seemed to receive no coverage at all in BBC TV news, at least the various bulletins I watched.   :o

Is it just me, or have the BBC really and emphatically lost the plot? ???

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: BBC USA?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 12:50:02 AM »

No, it's not you 7LM.

The BBC lost the plot many years ago . . . around the time that "Birt-ism" started to take hold (if I am remembering correctly).  ::)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016, 10:14:28 AM »

The tram crash was on the 6 o'clock BBC news,  although after all the US news. It was also on the 10pm news, it was mentioned in the headlines, but I don't know how much coverage was given as I didn't bother watching having watched the earlier news.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2016, 12:30:06 PM »

I must admit that I felt strongly the BBC got it wrong, in my view it should have had much more prominence in their reports. However I agree that the has lost its way somewhere!

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2016, 12:40:04 PM »

I always record the 6pm news and keep it for a day, and Ronski is right, the crash was mentioned.    :-[

After 90 seconds of 'boom-de-da-boom' headlines drumbeat for Trump, that tram crash got a drumbeat lasting about 8 seconds, slightly less than the drumbeat for the sports news that followed. 

I don't always give the drumbeat my undivided attention, which is arguably own fault for missing it.   But I then had to sit through 35 minutes of the US election, before just over 2 mins of that tram crash, followed by about the same (2 mins) of weather, then back to the election again. 

I don't think I am entirely to blame for having completely missed the story about the London tram crash which, IMHO, ought to have been a pretty big story. :(

anything