Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Re-enabling wife's IPad to read emails...a problem  (Read 3240 times)

renluop

• Kitizen
Re-enabling wife's IPad to read emails...a problem
« on: November 09, 2016, 10:29:42 PM »

I changed the password for our email account, but forgot about the missus's IPad. The email client's connection is IMAP, as before.

Now the IPad is saying it cannot connect, as password is wrong. I have tried to amend the word on the IPad to match that related to the computer, but still the tablet won't show her emails.

Anyone know what I am doing wrong, please?

andyfitter

• Reg Member
Re: Re-enabling wife's IPad to read emails...a problem
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 10:34:50 PM »

Some email providers force you to create a separate password per device. Gmail for example...

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833?hl=en

licquorice

• Reg Member
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016, 10:44:18 PM »

Don't have an ipad so can't vouch for this solution from BT forum.

Horray! -  I have finally worked out why my ipad MAIL app cannot send emails after a BT mail password update. There are two screens within the ipad settings for email where the new password has to be re-entered. The first on the "Account" screen is obvious, but there is a second screen accessed via SMTP, followed by "Primary Server" followed by "mail.btinternet.com on>"

When you arrive at this final screen:  re-enter your new password here as well. Having done so I can now send emails via the MAIL app, as well as receive emails successfully. In both cases delete the old password - represented by a string of dots, and retype the new password

Guess it will be the same regardless of email provider.

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2016, 10:53:47 PM »

Some email providers force you to create a separate password per device. Gmail for example...

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833?hl=en

I am a Google (and iOS) user myself and so to clarify... google allow  you to use a separate password for each device, there are advantages in it, but you certainly don't have to.  :)