Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]

Author Topic: Vodafone (Huawei) HHG2500  (Read 30785 times)

JimmyBananas

• Just arrived
Re: Vodafone (Huawei) HHG2500
« Reply #360 on: June 17, 2017, 08:14:14 PM »

Yup, the HHG2500 is a very poor piece of kit. I have two - I can't imagine I'll get much for them on eBay. As pointed out earlier the PSU is about the best part of the deal. Still early days with my ECI modem but all good so far.

It's a shame, I think Vodafone support genuinely wanted to help but must know by now that they are completely constrained by their rubbish hardware. They are also inconsistent in their message about non-Vodafone kit as I asked them not very long ago and they said it was not possible to use a different router. But that could be a very recent thing, on the chat with them today I got a canned statement that makes it seem like they are resigned to this:

"I do have to make you aware that we will be sending you a text that states: We have sent you your router password details however this is on the condition that you will use an Openreach approved router. Please note that Vodafone are only able to provide full support and diagnostics to customers using Vodafone routers. We will use our best endeavours to support you but you may be asked to plug in your Vodafone router as part of our diagnostics to resolve any future faults you may have.

It's sorted for now, as long as EE doesn't make a similar hash of things, although I can see they don't worry about third party modems being used. Hard to search this website for "EE" problems though, it always gets matched with words containing "ee" - speed comes up quite a lot, unsurprisingly.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #361 on: June 17, 2017, 09:35:34 PM »

It is a same Vodafone took this stance with their HHG2500 and was unable to give me the userID to test a know modem/router that worked well on my line and that was a Billion 8800NL it's not even Openreach approved, still 4 months later after getting out their contract I'm still annoyed with them for not even letting me try another VDSL modem to see if the constant disconnections stopped.

But I think this ISP have learnt a harsh lesson from the lower footfall or customers leaving.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 09:39:23 PM by NewtronStar »

bumper

• Just arrived
« Reply #362 on: June 18, 2017, 02:30:08 PM »

I think Vodafone had to move to giving user details over as it was becoming a negative aspect of there service..

I have tried using an openreach modem ECI version with my Netgear r7000 running Tomato, managed to get WAN connected once but no internet. Played around with VLAN 101 tags etc but never connects to internet. Now no WAN connection no matter what I do.

It did ping google DNS servers when I had a wan connection but internet browsing not so.

Any one have any ideas of Vodafone settings which I seem to be missing ?

Thanks
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25]