Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25

Author Topic: Vodafone (Huawei) HHG2500  (Read 30218 times)

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
Re: Vodafone (Huawei) HHG2500
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2016, 10:41:57 PM »

Very helpful Kitz then the HHG2500 will be on fastpath for maybe less than 24 hours as the errored seconds go's above 1440 (standard) then moved to interleaved and a reduction in DS sync until G.INP becomes active again it's a pity I won't be able to watch this process as it unfolds but I guess you get what you pay for.......

And have a nice Christmas  ;D

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2016, 11:16:49 PM »

iirc youre on a Huawei cab, then it may trigger an 'automated profile' reset.   These automatically put the EU on Interleave by default and then G.INP is applied once the line is deemed stable.  Its only brand new line or engineer full resets which have the open profile. 

The fact that I'm on an ECI cab with no G.INP and the fact they use Standard is one of the 3 reasons why I decided not to switch. Since my line has been acting up then most days Im either or red or amber - meaning that interleaving would never be removed.   Whilst on Speed Im just about holding in there.  Twice over the past few months Ive been interleaved, but Speed means that DLM takes it back off again.  I'd have no chance on Standard :/

A Merry Christmas to you too :)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

lyonsj400

• Just arrived
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2016, 10:52:01 AM »

Try this...

Obtain another router - R2 with both ADSL and Ethernet WAN port

The Huawei router's ADSL port connected to R2's ADSL port. Capture packets from the Ethernet WAN port of R2, i.e. plug it into your laptop. Does that work? You should hopefully get DHCP broadcasts from both routers and one of those packets may contain the login details.

csiwek

• Just arrived
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2016, 03:30:41 PM »

Try this...

Obtain another router - R2 with both ADSL and Ethernet WAN port
Two ADSL router can't talk to each other over ADSL Port. You need a DSLAM to be able to drive router's A(V)DSL port

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2016, 03:44:53 PM »

Didn't someone on here have a DSLAM?

burakkucat

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2016, 04:30:06 PM »

Didn't someone on here have a DSLAM?

Asbokid.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2016, 05:49:24 PM »

Hmmm the config.xml file has now turned into a .CCF file and unreadable after the HHG2500 went live with vodafone also the router GUI has changed with a lot more configurable option and the good news SheildsUP shows all ports stealth.

@ kitz your correct

DSL status information

Line status Show Time
Link type Interleaved path

Bit rate

Downstream: Actual data rate 36749 (Kbps.)
Upstream:  Actual data rate 7144 (Kbps.)

Operating data:

Downstream:                    Upstream:                                   
SNR Margin 6.1 dB             6.2 dB
Loop Attenuation 24.8 dB    20.3 dB

Error counter
Indicator name                Downstream            Upstream
FEC Corrections               117                        168651
CRC Error                       10                          605

but I think those error counters are reversed DS should be the US and US is the DS

« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 07:15:00 PM by NewtronStar »

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2016, 09:11:23 PM »

Think I am on fastpast the DS CRC errors are at 1216 and the uptime is 16 hours

displaced

• Reg Member
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2016, 11:32:09 PM »

Hi all,

I've been on VF since September and have been lucky enough to obtain my PPPoE username/password from Vodafone.

Keep an eye on that HHG2500.  It hated my line which had been fine on Infinity for 4 years.  The VF box dropped sync several times a day and ended up with my line being banded.  Switching back to the HG612 and getting OR to reset the DLM has got me back to full speed.  Slightly faster, in fact, as the OR engineer performed a pair swap.

VF have handled things rather poorly.  Some of us were given our PPPoE details after repeated attempts, whilst many others are being refused.  Their Ts&Cs don't explicitly state that only their equipment may be used, and their pre-sales team are incorrectly telling potential customers that using their own modems is entirely supported.  I even had their level 2 techs say "we don't care what you use, as long as it works for you and you reconnect our router before calling support".

All a bit of a clusterfudge, really.

Anyway, it would really be great to get these HHG2500's unlocked.  With the HG612, the service has been fantastic - it's a real shame that it's hobbled for some by the VF router.
Vodafone Landline+Fibre: Huawei HG612 modem, pfSense router, AirPort access points.  50/10 sync, Huawei DSLAM. GigE home LAN with Netgear ProSafe switches. Mac, FreeBSD and Win10.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2016, 12:02:10 AM »

Hi all,

I've been on VF since September and have been lucky enough to obtain my PPPoE username/password from Vodafone.

Can you give us a small section of your username ?

csiwek

• Just arrived
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2016, 08:05:05 AM »

I've also been given the credentials:

username: dslXXXXXXXXX@broadband.vodafone.co.uk'
password:  VMXXXXXX'

X - digits

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2016, 07:59:22 PM »

What we don't know is how the HHG2500 is getting that login info in the first place.  It could come shipped with it, but possibly most likely is the first time it connects it will be sent that info by TR-069/TR-064  probably based on the routers MAC address.

Just noticed in PFsense it's possible to spoof a MAC address of the WAN port, I wonder what would happen if you entered the MAC address of the supplied VF modem (if it's possible to find out what it is) and connected up with something like a HG612, perhaps opening the required ports for TR-069/TR-064 and seeing what was received.

d2d4j

• Reg Member
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2016, 08:14:15 PM »

Hi ronski

I believe most routers allow Mac spoofing on wan, netgear Draytek do

I would think it would fail for 2 reasons

Information would be encrypted

Wrong firmware so should not even start transmission

I could be wrong so I apologise in advance

Many thanks

John

d2d4j

• Reg Member
« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2016, 08:15:38 PM »

Oh sorry, I also mean to add the MAC address is usually displayed on back of router

Many thanks

John

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2016, 10:24:40 PM »

Cheers d2d4j have looked through the config file (before it's encrypted) and didn't find any username info in the file looking like dslXXXXXX@broadband.vodafone.co.uk.

If you know me i'll try and find away to extract the authentication details from what is available to me but it's very hard and will give up and call or beg VF for something that is my own, shouldn't have to do this just to use a modem/router of my own choice not these days
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 25

anything