Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: MyDSLWebStats validation check failed! in the event log...  (Read 2330 times)

milgo

MyDSLWebStats validation check failed! in the event log...
« on: October 30, 2016, 02:36:06 PM »

... and i'm not able to get onto the https://www.mydslwebstats.co.uk/ website.  I've had a search around the web but have not found a fix for this.  It has been working previously for me very recently.  Thanks in advance if anyone can help me get it sorted.

j0hn

• Kitizen
Re: MyDSLWebStats validation check failed! in the event log...
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2016, 03:45:06 PM »

that usually means DslStats was offline during opening it, or that you have the password wrong. remember both username and password are case sensitive.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

tbailey2

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2016, 04:14:41 PM »

Slightly confusing post as you are referring to two different aspects of MDWS. The link you gave is for the web site itself for which you need a user name and password for access.

The message in the title of the post appears to originate from DSLstats and refers to the upload process which is not the same thing. That needs your  username and a validation key, and the latter is not your password. Usually  it just means you mistyped something in DSLstats.
Tony
My Books!
Plusnet 80/20 - DSLstats - HG612/TG582n - ECI

milgo

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2016, 09:05:17 AM »

Apologies I’ve not really described my problem very well so here goes.

I had been using MDWS without any problems connected to the internet via a Sky SR102 and unlocked HG612. The program runs on my PC and I was able to log onto https://www.mydslwebstats.co.uk/ to view the modem/line stats.

Over the weekend I changed to a Sky hub 3 and configured the SR102 as a switch so that I had an Ethernet port available to connect to LAN2 on the HG612.  It was only after I had made this change on my network that I found that I could no longer even get to the https://www.mydslwebstats.co.uk page.  I ran the windows troubleshooter and it tells me that - resource (www.mydslwebstats.co.uk) is online but isn’t responding to connection attempts.

I then looked at the program itself and this is when I noticed on the Event Log tab that it is continually recording - MyDSLWebStats validation check failed

I hope that that explanation is better.  let me know if there is any other info required.  Thinking out lod here do you think that it is possible that because my IP address has changed that could be the problem?

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2016, 09:35:56 AM »

Apologies I’ve not really described my problem very well so here goes.

I had been using MDWS without any problems connected to the internet via a Sky SR102 and unlocked HG612. The program runs on my PC and I was able to log onto https://www.mydslwebstats.co.uk/ to view the modem/line stats.

Over the weekend I changed to a Sky hub 3 and configured the SR102 as a switch so that I had an Ethernet port available to connect to LAN2 on the HG612.  It was only after I had made this change on my network that I found that I could no longer even get to the https://www.mydslwebstats.co.uk page.  I ran the windows troubleshooter and it tells me that - resource (www.mydslwebstats.co.uk) is online but isn’t responding to connection attempts.

I then looked at the program itself and this is when I noticed on the Event Log tab that it is continually recording - MyDSLWebStats validation check failed

I hope that that explanation is better.  let me know if there is any other info required.  Thinking out lod here do you think that it is possible that because my IP address has changed that could be the problem?

Its not really possible to use the sr102 as a switch only. It either works as modem/router or router only. This sounds more like a setup issue to me on your network.

Ideally you want the hg612 port 2 connected to your pc directly then a second card or wifi in the pc connected to the same network as your sky hub3. You probably need a "switch" after the sky hub3 as it only has one lan port.

milgo

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2016, 11:10:41 AM »

All working okay now!  I did nothing here, but Openreach did fix a fault on my line this morning that caused me to have no dial tone and also the d/s (25000) & u/s (4295) speeds were very low. I'm on Sky Fibre Max. The SR102 appears to be happily working as a switch but I will keep an eye on things. All very strange.  Thank you all for your input none the less.

anything