Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Jar openers.  (Read 4025 times)

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
Re: Jar openers.
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2016, 06:07:32 PM »

For extremes there's always another option, this actually happened to me about 20 years ago, in a large supermarket...

Ever so nice old lady:  "Excuse me, but you could you possibly pass me that jar on the top shelf, that I can't reach?"
Me: "Of course, no problem at all, here you are!"
Old lady: "Thank you so much.   Now could I possibly ask you to loosen the top for me, as I always find it very difficult?"

And I did.   :D

If I'd had time to think about it, I'd have considered the trouble I might get into if I'd been spotted, if she'd not been the sweet old lady she seemed, or if she'd changed her mind and put it back.  But sometimes, you have to go with your instincts.   :)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: Jar openers.
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2016, 03:43:34 PM »

haha..  I wouldnt have given it a second thought either.   Just shows you have to be careful.

re the hot water trick...  its not so much particularly just stubborn lids, its using it a lot & lack of grip.   
Some days its worse than others, on really bad days I can drop things which are in my hand. :(   
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker
Pages: 1 [2]

anything