Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: any ideas ?  (Read 1956 times)

noddy

• Reg Member
any ideas ?
« on: October 14, 2016, 08:58:28 AM »

Hi 8 days ago I replaced the router which after a bit of a wobbly start disconnected did a retrain and routerstats was showing a virtually straight line for 6 days  :) was about to try tweaking snr ( but didn't ) because yesterday the trace suddenly what all over the place . It's not dropped but does look messy even ran routerstats from the laptop with everything else off in the house still the same I know it's a long way back to the exchange so it could be interference from anywhere but it also coincides with a G2 solar storm is it possible it could cause it ? cheers 

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: any ideas ?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 10:08:35 AM »

Frankly I would be far more surprised to see a straight line there. For a long phone line the variations in SNRM don't look excessive, and are a long way from risking a dropped connection.

It looks like random interference (i.e. not REIN), so I guess the solar storm is one possible contender, but it could be any one of numerous other possible interference sources. I don't think there's much you can do other than watch and wait.
  Eric

noddy

• Reg Member
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 11:25:45 AM »

aye it's not shown any signs of dropping off I was curios after such a long period of almost no movement, but be interesting to see what happens next  :fingers: this line's got a very checkered history  ;)

noddy

• Reg Member
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2016, 09:00:36 AM »

what ever it was looks like it's having sunday off  ;)

noddy

• Reg Member
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2016, 08:45:57 AM »

I think I've sussed it , it got really bad and dropped then started looking at the weather kept a check on it and it does coincide with wet weather  :no: