@John - Thanks for the info. The 5th rotation means that it is google ads.
I sat last night for another hour or so, but I cannot re-create this here using Desktop, Galaxy tab S2, a galaxy s4 or an S5 Neo.
Obviously I want to try and get to the bottom of this .
Rotation should be
@skyeci. Can you do me a favour please.
- Can you tell me what browser you are using
- Have you cleared your cache
- Do you have a google account and profile and are you logged in
- What settings is your browser using for ad prefs?
As regards to the last item. This is something controlled on the local machine and set by you for the browser. Unless you are logged in to a google account, settings I believe are kept in a cookie. Its not anything I have control over and everyone should set their own prefs for each browser they use.
Information about this is Ad prefs
. From there you should get a link to change your browser ad prefs. eg my link (on a desktop) goes here
I enclose below a screen cap of my settings.
- Interest based settings - OFF
- Control signed out ads -
Ads based on interests beyond google - OFF
Google search ads based on interests - OFF
From memory it sometimes also asks me about YouTube Ad prefs.
- If possible, can you tell me -or even better screen cap - what the 5th image is that shows in the header (example for me below which is a different BT ad, but seems to change to things like VOiP, Logitech etc)
- Can you screen cap again the popup image again as I want to see if it is still being served from the same url - Im suspicious with it being a string and wonder if it changes.
I have a block on that url and Im also quite strict on any ads that I serve via google and I try to keep ads to a minimum. All 'sensitive' categories should be blocked. Personalised ads are blocked (Personalised ads – show ads based on users’ interests, demographics and Google Account information, and allow Google to collect visitation information from my site to create interest categories). VPAID ads are blocked.
Ive also put a manual block on that url, so I cant understand how this is happening