Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: ISP Zen Internet to Grow its UK “Next Generation Network” Reach  (Read 1220 times)

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen

ISP Zen Internet to Grow its UK “Next Generation Network” Reach

UK ISP Zen Internet has announced that the reach of their “next generation” consumer broadband and high-capacity data network (e.g. Ethernet, FTTC, FTTP, EFM and ADSL) will be extended to 400 Points of Presence (PoPs) in BT exchanges by January 2017 (reaching over 500,000 postcodes).

At present Zen has around 270 PoPs in BT’s exchanges across the United Kingdom, which largely stems from a major investment of around £3.5 million into their core infrastructure that completed around 3 years ago. This also enabled the ISP to launch a new range of affordable “unlimited” usage packages, which has helped to fuel their growth.
BT Full Fibre 500 - Smart Hub 2

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
Re: ISP Zen Internet to Grow its UK “Next Generation Network” Reach
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 03:03:20 PM »

Zen seem to be doing some major upgrades atm and expanding their business.  They have also been busy recruiting new staff.   
Someone I know has just gone there from Daisy... actually I believe they've taken on a few ex-Daisy people. 

---
ETA
In fact just look how many new job vacancies they have right now - link
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 03:07:10 PM by kitz »
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Oldjim

• Reg Member
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 05:42:09 PM »

affordable / unlimited  :lol:
£27 per month plus £16.99 line rental for 40/10
Jim
Plusnet

niemand

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 08:34:15 PM »

The prices are fine for those who aren't owned by BT and/or don't have TV or other things subsidising them, although it's perhaps a bit rich to describe it as a next generation network.

It's no more 'next generation' than Sky, TalkTalk or Vodafone's networks. They're transport and core networks, the technologies are well established and widely used.