Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: VMG8324 missing remote management option?  (Read 3416 times)

digitalis

VMG8324 missing remote management option?
« on: September 23, 2016, 12:07:59 AM »

Hi,

I work for a broadband reseller and ever since the self-install option came about for FTTC we've only ever ordered VMG8324-B10A devices from our supplier. We've always been able to set up remote management via the GUI, however our recent batch of Zyxels completely lack this option and I can't understand why.

I've telnetted in to the units and the rmtmgmt command says 'not recognised'. I've upgraded to the latest v15 firmware, factory defaulted the units etc, nothing brings the remote management option back.

Any thoughts as to why this may be? It's almost as if our supplier has removed the option, maybe they've locked it down so they're guaranteed remote access themselves. But they've given us no help on this.

Any help is appreciated.

cliver

• Reg Member
Re: VMG8324 missing remote management option?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2016, 07:56:05 AM »

Can't really help but just to let you know I have an 8924 running v15 and it's there on mine, just checked.

digitalis

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 02:18:03 PM »

Clearing ROM-D has resolved the issue

FYI, telnet to the router then run the commands below

Code: [Select]
save_default clean
restoredefault

soydemadrid

• Just arrived
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2017, 11:18:21 PM »

you can also just export the router config from the GUI and then add under privileges:

<X_5067F0_Login_Group instance="1">
<GroupKey>0</GroupKey>
<Privilege>
broadband,wireless,homeNetworking,usbService,powerManagement,routing,dnsroute,vlangroup,qos,nat,dns,halfBridge,igmpSetting,intfGrp,firewall,macFilter,parentalControl,schedulerRule,certificates,ipsecVPN,pptpVPN,sip,phone,callRule,callHistory,log,trafficStatus,voipStatus,arpTable,routeTable,igmpGroupStatus,xdslStatistics,3gStatistics,system,userAccount,remoteMGMT,tr069Client,tr064,time,emailNotification,logSetting,firmwareUpgrade,configuration,reboot,disagnostic,HelpDesk,wizard,status,snmp
</Privilege>

Then just reimport the config and all the menus options will be there!

anything