Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Here comes autumn 2016  (Read 1618 times)

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
Here comes autumn 2016
« on: August 29, 2016, 10:35:42 PM »

Has not been a bad summer plenty of good sunshine in the south of the UK and the normal cloudier days in the north with cooler temperatures around 18 - 21° compared that with the south 22 - 27° rain levels seem to be lower than summer 2015.

As we move into autumn & winter the analysis charts tells us this winter will be slightly colder than 2015 but expect more snow and high winds in the North there is a good chance a blocking high in central Europe will effect the south of the UK bringing in colder weather for a few weeks in late november.

I'll need to talk to are local fisherman at then end of September to see if there are any changes to this prediction  ;D

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
Re: Here comes autumn 2016
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2016, 11:04:42 PM »

Have to say my own subjective impressions of summer 2016 have been pretty good, above average.  Not as hot, or as dry, as memorable good summers my lifetime.  But not as cold, or as wet  either, as the bad memories.   Just a jolly nice southern British (in my case) summer. :)

I think a prediction for a colder winter is credible too.   That's based just on the observation that the past few winters  in UK have been exceptionally mild without any sound scientific explanation other than natural fluctuations in climate, so we shouldn't assume that mild winters are the new norm...

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2016, 11:09:46 PM »

All the bracken has been brown here for quite a while.

A very poor August in terms of weather for the poor tourists, here in Skye, but good for me as I can't stand the heat and the few hot weeks we've had have been a great trial for me,

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2016, 11:46:10 PM »

You sound a bit like me weaver anything above 22° and it's a heatwave shorts on open all the windows and doors I don't no how the Londoners deal with 35° as that's to much like the Mediterranean for me.

But you lucky southerners have had good T/Storm events this year east anglia is looking more like Kansas City

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2016, 11:48:09 PM »

Heat makes me feel very ill, and freezing cold helps with my pain. This morning my poor wife was rightly complaining that she was frozen because I had all the windows open.

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2016, 10:03:31 AM »

Well I love the warmth on my arthritic bones.So if the DWP would send me to Florida on medical grounds I would be very pleased..  :sun: :sun: :sun:  :)

gogeta

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2016, 11:58:55 AM »

Summer here was still great, but I wanna travel abroad a bit to keep getting some sun :D

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2016, 12:18:38 PM »

I like the bright sun sometimes, when I feel up to it, but without the heat. This spring I sat outside on occasion under blue skies and blazing sunshine but with a lovely freezing cold north wind to keep it nice and fresh. Ideal.