Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: PlusNet broadband activation - or when 5-7 days is actually 28 days  (Read 2239 times)

Chunkers

• Reg Member
  • Brick Wall head-banger

PlusNet broadband activation

Just a heads up really, any advice on how to successfully influence a better outcome would be received with interest.

I had a second phone line installation completed on 10th August after deciding to install two lines and a load balancing router as described in this thread, PlusNet advsied me 5-7 days for line activation.  The engineer said the line activation was a "10 minute job in the cabinet installing a jumper"

I got in touch after hearing nothing for 10 days on the 21st August to be told, "er, we will notify you of a date by email". Got email and text the next days saying it would be done on 8th September. that's 28 days!

I am guessing even if I change suppliers they will still need the same engineer to do the same job and probably even later than the current date?

I decided to phone them to have a whinge " The current waiting time on hold is 45 minutes", I tried to get in touch with them by online messaging service "you are 19th in the queue".  Er, I then got very annoyed and sent a formal complaint asking for them to call me so I can cancel - no reply yet  (there MAY have been alcohol and the use of CAPITAL LETTERS involved at this stage  :-[)

Anyway, I guess I'll have to wait one or the other anyway or does anyone think I could get it done faster, I still got 11 days to wait with my gear sat sadly idle?

Chunks

door_bell

Re: PlusNet broadband activation - or when 5-7 days is actually 28 days
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 10:49:10 AM »

Could you imagine getting an email back saying "Apologies for the issues, we have cancelled the line as per your request".

:lol:

Chunkers

• Reg Member
  • Brick Wall head-banger
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 10:56:19 AM »

Could you imagine getting an email back saying "Apologies for the issues, we have cancelled the line as per your request".

:lol:

Haha - yes, thats a possible outcome I guess and would be my own fault but I do feel like they have failed to meet their end of the bargain and would probably be OK if they give me a refund:

Once your phone service is up and running, your broadband will normally be ready in a further 5-7 working days

I think the lesson learned for me is : "you pay for budget service, you get budget service"

Pfft

Chunks

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2016, 06:38:07 PM »

I think the problem is that they don't put they FTTC order in until the phone is working, so if the engineers are busy or thin on the ground it takes ages.
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 550/52  ;D

Chunkers

• Reg Member
  • Brick Wall head-banger
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2016, 07:19:10 PM »

I think the problem is that they don't put they FTTC order in until the phone is working, so if the engineers are busy or thin on the ground it takes ages.

I got in touch using their 'chat client' to remind them the day the phone was activated and working, but it still wasn't done and even when they did put the order in the delivery date was 20 days later.

The double irony is that i will be out of the country for 3 weeks when it gets activated

C