Computers & Hardware > Android & other hand held devices

tapatalk alternatives do they exist?

(1/6) > >>

Chrysalis:
I noticed tapatalk has started some kind of monetization strategy, I cannot pin the date when they did this but now the app force enables a feeds function, to turn it off one has to be a vip subscriber monthly, it also started push notifications (can turn off at least without vip) and every time make a post somewhere is asking me if I want to add the forum section to feeds, a bit crazy.  What I really dont like tho is that they added a feature they know be annoying, I know they know because they are offering the ability to turn it off as a vip feature.  Is a shame because before these changes tapatalk was quite a nice app.  Although what I may do is grab an old backup of it from titanium backup and then just not upgrade it again.

roseway:
I'd be interested in this too. Even before the latest updates I found it too pushy generally. I just want a simple app which does what I want and no more.

Chunkers:
I hate Tapatalk too, I paid for my version and then suddenly a year or two ads reappeared, GRRRRR , when you pay for the software and they still bombard you with apps.

I tried Forum Fiend for a while but I believe it cratered so I am back to using Tapatalk,  a lot of sites have decent mobile versions now but on balance I still think Tapatalk is better.

<watching this thread for recommendations>

C

roseway:
It's still possible to download a version of Forum Fiend at https://www.apk4fun.com/apk/32083/ but I don't know anything about the status of this download.

Chrysalis:

--- Quote from: Chunkers on August 23, 2016, 03:10:15 PM ---I hate Tapatalk too, I paid for my version and then suddenly a year or two ads reappeared, GRRRRR , when you pay for the software and they still bombard you with apps.

--- End quote ---

yep they downgraded you, seems they not satisfied with a one time purchase.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version