Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: AAISP shop being awkward with non ISP-customers?  (Read 6233 times)

j0hn

• Kitizen
Re: AAISP shop being awkward with non ISP-customers?
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2016, 08:49:17 PM »

i know it's very much a bodge job, but it has been like that for over 6 months. I've just had a quick look for the lower plate but it appears to have vanished.

on topic, just noticed AAISP have replied to me
Quote from: AAISP
Thank you.

We will post this FOC on this occasion.

All the best.
Talktalk FTTP 550/75 - Speedtest - BQM

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2016, 08:52:05 PM »

Acknowledged.

You could, of course, just remove the SSFP and use the type of lead to which I linked, above, plugged directly into the test socket.
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2016, 12:28:18 AM »

We will post this FOC on this occasion.

Result :)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2016, 03:03:37 AM »

The power of kitz?

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2016, 02:34:00 PM »

Nope nothing to do with me.   A combination of j0hn sorting it and AAISP seeing sense and then offering free P&P :)
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2016, 03:49:17 PM »

I would love to see how they handle the same order without being contacted. The sites current setup suggests ordering, paying £6 by direct bank transfer, the goods being shipped, then the customer being invoiced including shipping charges. This would require trusting the customer will log back on to pay shipping. They may invoice before shipping the goods, meaning you would have to pay twice. The obvious issue is the checkout is aimed at current customers and is essentially on credit.
Quote from: AAISP Invoice
Credit terms are 7 working days from invoice.
Payment by banking system must have statement date within the agreed terms.
Whilst we are sure you will pay on time, if you are late we can charge interest at the same rate as commercial debts.
I'd love for any non customers who make a purchase from them to give feedback here as to how it goes. My contacting them to query the odd checkout/billing process has altered how they would usually process an order as shipping is definitely not free. It cost them about £3 via royal mail.

edit: to add, it arrived today. They couldn't have been any more helpful. happy customer here!

edit 2: not happy after all. I hadn't actually opened the padded envelope till now. They have sent me the £12 ADSL filtered faceplate. This is absolutely useless to me. Mistakes happen, lets see how they try rectify this. I really hope they don't make me wait till they receive this back to send the correct item.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 06:17:13 PM by j0hn »

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2016, 07:26:43 PM »

edit 2: not happy after all. I hadn't actually opened the padded envelope till now. They have sent me the £12 ADSL filtered faceplate. This is absolutely useless to me. Mistakes happen, lets see how they try rectify this. I really hope they don't make me wait till they receive this back to send the correct item.

D'oh!  :wall:
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

noddy

• Reg Member
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2016, 08:02:09 PM »

I found buying the D-Link from them took a good bit of work including ring for a postage cost which they said was £4 so transferred money only to receive an invoice a couple of days later saying I owed them another £1.81 but I got it in the end  :)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #23 on: August 19, 2016, 10:35:27 PM »

:(
-----

j0hn

• Kitizen

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2016, 03:29:01 AM »

Maybe a friendly email to RevK himself to look into cleaning things up? They seem to be rather overworked perhaps, I get the feeling that they're quite a small outfit.

j0hn

• Kitizen
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2016, 01:27:44 AM »

well I contacted them Friday afternoon to let them know about the mistake in sending the wrong item. They answered me Tuesday afternoon, which being honest I would say was quite a slow response. To their credit they have dispatched the correct item with 24 hour delivery and it should (hopefully) arrive tomorrow (Wednesday).

They have also told me to keep the ADSL filtered faceplate. This item is if no use to me, at all. If anyone needs/wants it, pay for delivery and it's yours. They sell it for £12. I have absolutely no idea  how it performs or what the quality of the components are like. All it says on the front is ADSL2+. Send me a PM if you want it. I don't have PayPal so need to be Google checkout, bank transfer, paym (pay my mobile number via banking app, most uk banks have this), or pay your own postage and send me a prepaid printable postage label. Cheapest royal mail option appears to be £2.85 small parcel, 2nd class.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2016, 01:41:03 AM by j0hn »
Pages: 1 [2]