Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Maximum acceptable per hour  (Read 7433 times)

ejs

• Kitizen
Re: Maximum acceptable per hour
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2016, 05:03:03 PM »

I think the power reduction is actually a symptom of the lower speed, not the cause. There's a maximum amount of power that can be transmitted on any one tone, so if the speed is lower, it's probably using fewer tones, and so the total power, from adding up the power on the used tones, ends up a lower number.

Have you noticed any noise on the phone line (do a quiet line test), or problems with phone calls disconnecting the broadband?

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2016, 06:05:48 PM »

Neither as it happens, but as for phone noise may be my needing and using hearing aids could be some problem?
EDIT Of course my router just reports zeros for upstream tones. ::)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 06:15:26 PM by renluop »

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2016, 10:25:37 AM »

Yesterday the upstream speed raised lunchtime, but just after 4 pm was back down in the 500 kbps region. DSLStats stats.txt file showed there had been 4 resyncs in that short period of<3 hours. I cant see when or where. ::) :-\

To cap it all, this morning moments after I woke the computer, SSE suffered a high voltage line failure, when restored both up and down speeds were best for some time.

aesmith

• Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2016, 07:15:21 PM »

If I read you correctly, your speed changes several times a day.  That can only happen on a disconnect/reconnect, can't it?   If so I'd be more concerned about why it keeps dropping.
Pages: 1 [2]