Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Belkin F5D7632-4 networking problem................help plz  (Read 5924 times)

burhan

• Just arrived
Belkin F5D7632-4 networking problem................help plz
« on: April 08, 2008, 09:38:13 PM »

Hi mates!

I just came to use Belkin F5D7632-4 ADSL Modem with Wireless G Router... I am new to networking so i know there is some settings problem. plz help me out with this networking thing.

What i want is...

i want to create file sharing and gaming network between wired and wireless PCs (as you might know this router has 4 lan ports + wireless connectivity). I have 1 desktop PC(wired) and 2 laptop(wireless) connected to this router. I am using manual IP addresses.

Desktop(wired)    192.168.2.2
    Lapi 1 (wireless)  192.168.2.3
    Lapi 2 (wireless)  192.168.2.4

Gateway               192.168.2.1

Everything els is working fine, means i have created internet connection with my ISP settings in router management tool and its working on all systems. Firewall on all systems is Disabled and im using McAfee Security Center.

The problem is all systems does not PING other system's IP address but all systems does PING router address which is 192.168.2.1 and they also PING self IP address. I also run "set up a home or small office network" in my network places on all systems with same options and same workgroup name or domain name. But its still not working. And also tried many options in router management page but no effect on the PING thing. PING test in router management

what settings router management tool needs to create a network...

im in this networking thing from last 5days and finaly found this forum site which i hope can help me.

Astral

• Addicted Kitizen
Re: Belkin F5D7632-4 networking problem................help plz
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2008, 09:54:01 PM »

Hi & welcome to the forum.

Try the link mentioned in this thread first. http://forum.kitz.co.uk/index.php?topic=1739.0

I hope your model is listed; if not come back and I'm sure somebody will be able to help you.

Pwiggler

• Kitizen
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 08:09:29 AM »

hi burham

is mcafee on all the machines?  if it is, what happens if you disable it on all and then try and ping another machine?

Paul

Azzaka

• Reg Member
  • SysAdmin
    • A Designers Work in Progress
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 05:03:16 PM »

Hi mates!

I just came to use Belkin F5D7632-4 ADSL Modem with Wireless G Router... I am new to networking so i know there is some settings problem. plz help me out with this networking thing.

What i want is...

i want to create file sharing and gaming network between wired and wireless PCs (as you might know this router has 4 lan ports + wireless connectivity). I have 1 desktop PC(wired) and 2 laptop(wireless) connected to this router. I am using manual IP addresses.

Desktop(wired)    192.168.2.2
    Lapi 1 (wireless)  192.168.2.3
    Lapi 2 (wireless)  192.168.2.4

Gateway               192.168.2.1

Everything els is working fine, means i have created internet connection with my ISP settings in router management tool and its working on all systems. Firewall on all systems is Disabled and im using McAfee Security Center.

The problem is all systems does not PING other system's IP address but all systems does PING router address which is 192.168.2.1 and they also PING self IP address. I also run "set up a home or small office network" in my network places on all systems with same options and same workgroup name or domain name. But its still not working. And also tried many options in router management page but no effect on the PING thing. PING test in router management

what settings router management tool needs to create a network...

im in this networking thing from last 5days and finaly found this forum site which i hope can help me.

This is something completely different however may also help. Try switching the channel on the modem to channel 3, 7, or channel 9. The Belkin N series modems seem to have an interference issue with the wireless connections and the DSL chip. Changing the channel can fix this.

I Sync', I Auth', therefore I am.

burhan

• Just arrived
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 11:12:39 PM »

thanx for your replies...

Astral........ i tried digidave.... but my model is not listed there... but thats good site... specially for idiots...

Pwiggler..... McAfee is runing on all machines... i tried what you said but still same problem...

Azzaka..... channels was set to 11 by default, but i tired what you said... but no differance.... :no:

what next now...
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 11:30:27 PM by burhan »

soms

• Reg Member
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008, 11:51:35 PM »

Hi and welcome to the forums :)

If you can ping the router then the connections on all the computers are sound.

In this sense the network is established.

The fact that you cannot ping from one computer to another computer suggests a firewall issue.

Likely McAfee is blocking your pings on the incoming computer.

To be sure of this, either temporarily disable McAfee Firewall or check your network settings. Usually setting your local network as being "trusted" or "safe" allows pings to work properly.

Unfortunately I don't use McAfee so can't offer any more specific advice.

Be assured though that the fact you can ping the router from each computer means that they are all connected and so networking will be easily possible once your firewall is correctly configured on each machine.

For file sharing, in Windows, just make sure that all the computers are using the same workgroup name. That way, with your firewall set up corectly, your computers will be able to discover each other with great ease through My Network Places/Network Neighbourhood.

Also games sharing should be very easy.

Your router does not restrict traffic between LAN computers, so no configuration changes in the router are necessary.

Once again the stumbling block will be your firewall software on each computer. Provided your firewall is properly configured, gaming between your PCs will be hassle free.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2008, 11:56:20 PM by soms »

oldfogy

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
  • If it ain't broke....... I'll soon fix it.
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2008, 12:08:37 AM »

Is the problem actually not being able to share files and folders?
If this is the problem, don't forget that you also need to select on each PC the Files or Folders you want to share.

Select a file or folder, then when you right click it, select the "Sharing" option.
Hopefully it should be straightforward from then onwards.
But take your time and get them working one at a time before moving onto the next PC.

burhan

• Just arrived
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2008, 08:39:26 PM »

thanx alot eavryone... problem solved...

soms......... thanx man.... it was firewall issue... McAfee firewall was blocking incoming requests... just configured McAfee firewall and windows firewall as i needed and every thing is working great now...

Pwiggler told me before to disable McAfee and to check the ping thing but on that time windows firewall was turned on by McAfee...

anyways thanx for helping me... n its good to have communication with you people... see u arround...

soms

• Reg Member
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2008, 11:44:00 PM »

Glad to be of help and good to here its all working ;)

Pwiggler

• Kitizen
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2008, 11:39:39 AM »

<beginning to think my posts are invisable>

;)
Paul