Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Moving to uno (xilo)  (Read 6266 times)

les-70

• Kitizen
Re: Moving to uno (xilo)
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2016, 02:20:09 PM »

A week on not a lot has changed, the connection is performing very well as far as actual use can tell.

There has been some slight short duration congestion some evenings but mostly not at all. The flaps in minimum pings have not gone away but rather they come and go a few times most days.  To be honest if I was not monitoring things I would just say all is great. For the same reason I am sure that things are below any threshold that would allow uno to do anything with bt wholesale. The variation in ping is within the initial BT side of things up to the first Daisy connection.

uno - Matt responds with the hour to any emails and he agrees that it does not like quite right but advises as I would expect that it would  be fully within spec. to bt wholesale.

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2016, 03:58:07 PM »

he is right bt wholesale offer no garuantuees on latency, they dont even offer it on packet loss.

Ark

• Just arrived
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2016, 01:33:31 PM »

Can I ask how much this works out at per month? I know I'd have to pay for the transfer back over to BTw, which I'd be fine with.
I'm on uno talksurf on llu, and was going to stick with that until the fibre talksurf package launches, however it seems to be taking a rather long time so if the costs are good I'd consider taking this route. I'm happy with the service from uno and support is amazing, so I'd rather stick with them than move.

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2016, 04:25:56 PM »

The costs are as on their web site.  For FTTC via bt wholesale £23.49+vat and line rental £9.99+vat total inc vat of £40.18.  I also have two call features at 60p each caller display and divert.  The call charges are similar to the talksurf.

Ark

• Just arrived
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2016, 08:55:57 AM »

Ah OK, pretty straightforward. I wondered if there were any sort of discount for having both, other than the slightly cheaper line rental price .

Thanks for the answer

les-70

• Kitizen
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2016, 05:45:30 PM »

There has been some improvement in eliminating any signs of congestion on my connection. After many tries I managed to get a a BT wholesale speed test and a tap3 test to work. On the basis of that uno then immediately raising it with BT wholesale, and BT wholesale have moved me to a less busy SVLAN.  Since then the mild signs of congestion have disappeared (so far!).  Still apparent flaps in the routing to the assigned daisy gateway but they don't seem to have any actual impact.  Any yellow grass in the  BQM seems almost entirely due to me now.
Pages: 1 [2]

anything