Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: NTE5C / MK4 Filter 2016 Version now available for purchase!  (Read 27762 times)

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
Re: NTE5C / MK4 Filter 2016 Version now available for purchase!
« Reply #60 on: October 17, 2016, 12:40:50 PM »

I will always cut-back on where the wires were previously terminated. I think it is just good practice to do so.

Regarding the process being "Slower" ...... I suppose it is, but you're talking in the area of additional seconds so it's not a game-changer in that respect.

As regards the benefit to Openreach ?? I'm only guessing here, but the 'Tool-less' design has probably been introduced as a means of eventually saving on the tool budget. With 24,000 engineers requiring 24,000 Krone tools at approximately one a year, that will be a no brainer to a bean-counter !! It's not just NTE's that are going tool-less ...... the street cabinets are as well. :)

Weaver

• Senior Kitizen
  • Retd s/w dev; A&A; 4x7km ADSL2 lines; Firebrick
« Reply #61 on: October 17, 2016, 07:00:25 PM »

Is it possible that there was an initial duff batch which were loose, and they then tightened up the tolerances so Black Sheep has seen later good units?

PhilipD

• Reg Member
« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2016, 06:50:50 PM »

Hi

I will always cut-back on where the wires were previously terminated. I think it is just good practice to do so.

Regarding the process being "Slower" ...... I suppose it is, but you're talking in the area of additional seconds so it's not a game-changer in that respect.

As regards the benefit to Openreach ?? I'm only guessing here, but the 'Tool-less' design has probably been introduced as a means of eventually saving on the tool budget. With 24,000 engineers requiring 24,000 Krone tools at approximately one a year, that will be a no brainer to a bean-counter !! It's not just NTE's that are going tool-less ...... the street cabinets are as well. :)

Also time is saved from not having to screw the front back on, it pushes on, plus I suspect it will save call outs from people being about to get to the test socket easier, i.e. some people especially older could struggle with what might seem a simple task to us, removing two screws.

Regards

Phil
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

anything