Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: BT CEO's response to the DCR  (Read 10956 times)

gt94sss2

• Kitizen
Re: BT CEO's response to the DCR
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2016, 08:09:47 PM »

I expected that kind of start date, but the finish date is a long way in advance of what I thought. My timing was based on the change of USO (from voice to broadband) plus a minimum of 5 years ... hence 2025.

Yes, it was the end date which surprised me as well. I also thought 2025 on the basis that is the date which BT have said they will withdraw ISDN by.

The quote was included in BT's submission to Ofcom re: the USO - on page 3 of http://stakeholders.ofcom.org.uk/binaries/consultations/broadband-USO-CFI/responses/BT.pdf

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2016, 10:46:52 PM »

To be honest I tend to agree with them to an extent.
The ISP's act as triage for BB and phone faults to weed out the dross/nutjobs/forgot to turn it on types.

So BTOR only focus on the "real faults".
If BTOR had to deal with this lot they would have to set up a full customer "handling" as I might put it(!) systems in place.
All of which will cost at lot....and all of which would be past on to the consumer as higher bills.
Then there is the pass the parcel problem already happening now where voice blames BB and BB blames voice when your voice and BB supplier are different.

Were it not for the above I'd also be an favour of the 3 monthly payments sort of thing.  One to the network operator, one to your voice service provider and one to your data provider for your BB service.

Or to put another way.

You have isp's who dont understand what they doing attempting to filter out faults, whilst adding a big premium to the price paid by end users for the line rental.

Openreach could add £1-2 a month to the line rental to pay for the customer service team and the line would still be £5 or so cheaper than what people pay now to the CPs.

Also Openreach's own CS team would still be that triage anyway.  Just low paid phone rep's following a script and only raising faults when the computer agrees or if the line i so blatantly bad its hard to argue otherwise.

gt94sss2

• Kitizen
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2016, 04:48:01 PM »

Let's not forget that Openreach previously proposed that its staff should have more direct contact with the end user in order to fix faults etc but several ISPs objected killing the idea.
Pages: 1 2 [3]

anything