Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Before Engineer Visits, Some Questions: BT Infinity 1 + HG612 + Netgear R7000  (Read 1377 times)

b4z

Hello,

I have spent a lot of time reading around on the articles and forums here and learning a lot so thank you for that.

I will be having an installation of BT Infinity1 in about a weeks time.

I want to run the HG612 as a Modem connected to the Netgear R7000 Router i have been using [with Virgin Media where the Virgin Media Hub was in Modem mode].

The HG612 is flashed with the unlocked 08 gui version as guided on this site.

The R7000 is flashed with DD WRT Kong firmware [because i needed better quality of service options].

I have had a look through some of the HG612 options, and the WAN PPoE option on the R7000.

Is there anything in particular i have to change on the HG612? [I reset it to factory defaults after flashing the firmware of course.]

When the engineer turns up, I don't want to have to troubleshoot, I want to be able to simply plug in the DSL wire from the master socket, turn on the HG612, turn on the R7000, configure the PPoE user/pass on the R7000 and hope it will just work!

Do you forsee any possible problems that would prevent that?

I am better armed with this knowledge in advance.

Thank you for any help.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2016, 03:02:55 PM by b4z »

skyeci

• Kitizen
    • Line stats

The 612 should need no further config if you intend to use it as a modem only. Plug and play...

anything