Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Poor Satsuki  (Read 8900 times)

UncleUB

• Helpful
  • Senior Kitizen
Re: Poor Satsuki
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2016, 08:21:16 PM »

Poor little mite. :sob: I hope he makes a good recovery and will soon be able to manage without his leg.I know for certain he won't get any better home care than he is already receiving. :flower:

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2016, 12:54:28 AM »

Thank you

---
An update on this as there's been a twist in the 'tail'. 

The police went round on Sunday to interview my daughter and they said they were going to go round to the owners and strongly recommend that they voluntary pay the vet bill to avoid further action being taken under the dangerous dogs act.

Because the dog doesn't live in the same street, she was unsure which house it belonged to, but knew it was one of about 3.  The police went off and then came back about 45 mins later.   Apparently there are two very similar dogs that live next door to each other and after interviewing both owners, both of them readily admitted to regularly  letting their dog out unsupervised.

Unfortunately because they are so similar she could not identify which one it was that attacked.  She didn't even know there were two.   Without knowing which dog, then it makes it impossible for the police to do much more. 
Both dogs have been given a muzzle order that applies even if the dogs are outside on their own property.  Both have been warned that if the dog is ever seen out again unsupervised then it will be taken away.

---
The dog owners know.. and the police know they know, else why both so readily admit to their dog being out on that date. 
Which ever dog it was would have come home covered in blood. 
The reason the dog was probably sniffing at Kims gate on Sunday was because there was blood that had been spilt there.  Even though she got a photo, both dogs are so similar it was impossible to tell.

My friend who works for the police was here when my daughter phoned me back on Sun and she also reckons that they are mates and have both admitted to their dogs being out so specifically so that one owner cannot be held responsible for vet fees.  Grrrr I think they should make them both pay, but she said it doesnt work like that :(   
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2016, 01:09:32 AM »

DNA evidence not helpful?

WWWombat

• Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2016, 03:43:47 AM »

How bizarre!

I wonder if there really are two dogs over there. Properly, long term, that is.

If they concocted a story/explanation between them "just in case", it isn't beyond the realms of possibility that one of the dogs was a recent addition too. That will perhaps disappear all too soon again.

loonylion

• Reg Member
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2016, 11:28:40 AM »

or one of the owners was, i.e both dogs actually belong to the same person but was farmed out to somebody else in order to make it look like two different owners with the same breed of dog.

4candles

• Kitizen
  • Not young enough to know everything
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2016, 05:16:09 PM »

@ loonylion  That sounds very plausible.   :hmm:
To err is human - to purr feline
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2016, 07:39:44 PM »

As you say, its most bizarre.   My daughter says she's never seen 2 dogs out at once. 
Why did both owners admit to their dog being out at the time of the attack.   Seriously you'd think that at least one of them would try to deny it.
Why let the dog out again on Sunday when it must have come home caked in blood a few days ago - yet both were apparently let out again on Sunday.   
Her next-door neighbour, who has lived there far longer than she has, and whose daughter plays out there says he's only seen one dog and apparently is spitting feathers that it could have been his daughter (or cat) that got hurt. 
Something doesn't quite add up.

Re DNA evidence - I dont think the police are as interested than if it was a person, even though the dangerous dog act & out of control dogs does cover attacks on other animals such as cats. 
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----

parkdale

• Reg Member
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2016, 10:19:40 PM »

Sorry a bit late to this post, I hope Satsuki is well on the road to recovery now.
A few years ago my mate's cat was attacked by two dogs, the owner was out walking them and decided to let them off the lead whilst going thru a childrens playgound, both dogs suddenly doubled back to where my mates cat was lounging on his driveway, and attacked him, one of the neighbours saw this happen. and tried to scare the dogs away but to no avail.
Neighbour then called my mate at work and said they were taking the cat (Binkie) to the vets straight away.
When my mate got there the damage was too much for the vet to do anything, so he agreed to have him put down.
Binkies trouble was he was getting on a bit, 18yrs old and very arthritic, other wise he would have made his escape before the dogs got to him.
The owner was reported to the police, and it was suggested by them that he foot the vets bill (£600), and choose somewhere else to walk his dogs and keep them on the lead at all times.
The local neighbourhood watch got involved and lets just say the owner has to take his dogs in the car to walk them!
Vodafone FTTC ECI cab 40/10Mb connection / Fritz!box7590

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2016, 10:55:04 AM »

A tragic update to this. 

'The dog' has now mauled and killed a neighbouring cat.  The cat was found torn to shreds in a back alley that only residents with a key have access to.. and about 10-12m from where Satsuki was attacked. Apparently despite the previous incident, the owners thought it would be a good idea to let said dog exercise unsupervised in this public but gated area.     

There was no other similar dog who was a 'permanent resident' at the other house. The new microchipping law that very recently came into effect has its uses.

I'm afraid I don't know what's happened to the dog, other than its been removed after a visit from the police.  This is a sad state of affairs which IMHO is not the dogs fault, but totally down to irresponsible ownership.
-----

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2016, 11:02:11 AM »

It's so often the case that sad events like this are caused by irresponsible owners. Some people just shouldn't have pets.
  Eric

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2016, 02:47:14 PM »

I wonder if there is correlation between people who shouldn't have pets and previous generation parents who shouldn't have had children.

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2016, 04:34:01 PM »

b*cat can find no words.  >:(
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

renluop

• Kitizen
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2016, 11:35:19 AM »

Locally This makes me wonder, how tightly some heads are screwed on. ::)

parkdale

• Reg Member
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2016, 06:35:37 PM »

+1 with Roseway, my uncle owned a Jack Russell which he used to taunt all the time until my young cousin got in the way and he nipped her, dog was quickly found a new home with his mate at work.
We all smiled when his mate reckoned this Jack Russell was the best behaved dog he ever owned!  My uncle's a complete div when it comes to owning dogs(or any animal).
Vodafone FTTC ECI cab 40/10Mb connection / Fritz!box7590
Pages: 1 [2]

anything