Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: Cookie Monster  (Read 3228 times)

jazz

• Reg Member
Cookie Monster
« on: April 01, 2008, 02:07:32 PM »

I don't know how many use this free program but I've used it for two years and found it very simple and useful.  It allows you to "deal with" cookies (the Cookie Monster eats them) - but more importantly it allows you to "preserve" some cookies if you find them important (eg BBC cookie for remembering your personal homepage setup).  Any not classed as preserved can be eaten with one click of the button.

Whilst I have my main browsers (Firefox and Opera) set to delete cookies on exit I still find Cookie Monster useful for the  times when Microsoft uses IE for update info etc.

You can download the program at www.ampsoft.net/utilities/CookieMonster.php

tonyappuk

• Reg Member
Re: Cookie Monster
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 05:56:45 PM »

I used to use another freeware cookie manager called IECookiesView before changing to Firefox, available from http://www.nirsoft.net/. I don't suppose it is any better than your offering Jazz but it is an alternative for IE users. It puts another button on IE's toolbar and allows you to, for example, delete all but the selected cookies.
Tony

Floydoid

• Addicted Kitizen
  • Prog Rock Fan
Re: Cookie Monster
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 07:48:34 PM »

I use the View Cookies extension for firefox... tho Ccleaner will do pretty much as you describe for IE.
"We're going to need a bigger swear jar."

anything