Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Author Topic: How-To - DD-WRT ethernet Bonding/Teaming with ReadyNas  (Read 3491 times)

SignedAdam

How-To - DD-WRT ethernet Bonding/Teaming with ReadyNas
« on: May 01, 2016, 11:00:28 AM »

Hello again everyone,  :cool:

I have noticed my ReadyNas 312, can do ethernet Bonding/Teaming, I would like to do ethernet Bonding/Teaming with my DD-WRT R7000 Nighthawk Router, I wish to gain, double the speeds, I know that there are many options to choose from which do different kinds of Bonding/Teaming, one mode that I dont want, behaves like a safety net,

Many would say what I want to do is pointess, but I beileve I have a valid reason, A/C Wifi speeds are now faster than Ethernet, even if they are not as stable, also, if I were to use ethernet, there would be no bottlenecking, from the router to the Nas, :P that should sort the why bother/boring people out

so to recap, I would like double the speed from my nas, to the router, which option would be the best for Bonding/Teaming

Here's what netgear has to say :

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/25509/~/readynas---what-bonding%2Fteaming-mode-should-i-use%3F
http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/23076/~/what-are-bonded-adapters-and-how-do-they-work-with-my-readynas-os-6-storage

I have Attached images of what I can pick on both devices
I'm a geek on his own

loonylion

• Reg Member
Re: How-To - DD-WRT ethernet Bonding/Teaming with ReadyNas
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2016, 11:47:19 AM »

I'd say you want 802.3ad on both but I'm just guessing

SignedAdam

Re: How-To - DD-WRT ethernet Bonding/Teaming with ReadyNas
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 12:18:36 PM »

So how would I go about setting it up, what do I need to set on both devices, :baby:

;D I gathered someone would advice 802.3ad, because I also guessed I'd be picking that option, however looking at both devices, the option is not the same, ones 802.3ad, and ones IEEE 802.3ad LACP, So they dont sound the same, are you sure ?
I'm a geek on his own