Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: DSLstats v5.8 released  (Read 20153 times)

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
Re: DSLstats v5.8 released
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2016, 11:43:38 AM »

Nothing has changed recently in the logging in function of DSLstats. I seem to recall that there have been difficulties with the telnet interface of the HG635 in the past, and I see there's a note against it on my website referring to this. But the above suggests that this isn't the case.

Another thought is that the option "Modem/router is HG622 type" might just possibly help.

And of course, I have to ask if you're using a WiFi connection between the PC and the modem.
  Eric

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2016, 01:05:11 PM »

Well maybe my HG635 is having problems because of my line problems? Who knows?

Stuart
ISP:Vodafone Router:Vodafone Wi-Fi hub FTTP

kitzuser87430

• Reg Member
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2016, 01:38:25 PM »

Modem/router is HG622 type

That is ticked on my config

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2016, 02:04:27 PM »

Eric I am getting unknown events message now and yes I do have that ticked. Dont worry too much I will put the ZyXEL back later when'the boss' is not on the internet  ;)

Stuart

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2016, 09:32:51 AM »

@roseway

Just has a quick look at my stats and found the following glitch; I have not rebooted (PI) but have shutdown and restarted dslstats.

Ian

Eric I noticed this as well today on the Windows version, have you had any ideas about it? Mine shows Today and 31-28 May and then the rest are all 19 May with identical data.

Stuart

Edit: Oops does 5.8.1 solve this?

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2016, 10:36:36 AM »

No, 5.8.1 doesn't solve it. Apologies to kitzuser87430 for not coming back before, but although I found a possible cause and fixed it, I've just seen the issue today on my own system (I hadn't seen it before).
  Eric

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2016, 10:43:45 AM »

OK Eric, I've updated to 5.8.1 anyway ....

Stuart

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2016, 10:56:51 AM »

I believe I have fixed this now. I'll upload a test version in the next day or so.
  Eric

broadstairs

• Kitizen
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2016, 11:37:10 AM »

Thanks Eric, I'll keep an eye open for it.

Stuart

Dar2211

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2016, 08:39:55 PM »

Good evening all, new user of dslstats & mydslwebstats.co.uk. Using v5.8.0 & having some success uploading data but I must have done something wrong. Data is successfully uploaded but the .exe closes after running for two hours.
Using the 32 bit version loaded on my old dual core laptop running XP service pack 3. Computers on mains power with all the power saving options off except the screen saver which comes in after 15 mins of inactivity.
Don't like Windows so sure I've missed something. Help please?

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2016, 10:25:12 PM »

Is the XP set to go into sleep mode or hibernation after 2 hours has expired have a look in the power options

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2016, 11:00:03 PM »

The default time per graph page is two hours, so I suppose it's possible that something crashes the program when the graphs start scrolling, but I've never heard of it happening before. You could try changing the time to one hour (Configuration --> Graphs) and see if anything changes.
  Eric

Dar2211

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2016, 09:18:17 AM »

Is the XP set to go into sleep mode or hibernation after 2 hours has expired have a look in the power options
This is what I initially thought. I'll have another look to see if I've missed a sleep mode setting, I've set all the power saving options to never. Thanks

The default time per graph page is two hours, so I suppose it's possible that something crashes the program when the graphs start scrolling, but I've never heard of it happening before. You could try changing the time to one hour (Configuration --> Graphs) and see if anything changes.

Thanks Eric, I'll give that a go & report back.

Dar2211

Re: DSLstats v5.8 released ..
« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2016, 11:50:12 AM »

Happy to report that the data logging is working OK
As usual the numpty on the computer was the cause of the failure  :-[ . As NewtronStar pointed out the dropping of the data upload was due to incorrect power options! As the numpty hadn't "applied" the "never" settings XP was in the wrong power saving mode. 
As to the graphs configuration Eric, these work with no issue.
If you look at my data on MyDSLWebStats you'll see a break in the upload at 13:20 on the 16th, there was an error message on screen for DSLstats that said "invalid divisor operation". The app was still open but data recording had stopped. This hasn't happened again and there is now over 24 hours data in WebStats.
Now the problem is understanding what they are telling me. I want to know and get a fix for my abysmal upload rate. Three visits from BT Engineers has got the down rate to 21meg but they won't do anything about the upstream rate, simply saying its 1400m and got aluminium cable in the line.  I'll post a separate thread on this. 

roseway

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Penguins CAN fly
    • DSLstats
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2016, 12:55:49 PM »

Thanks for sticking your hand up. :)

Regarding the error message, if that was the exact wording, then I've never seen it before and I can't think of an explanation. If it happens again, please try to relate it to something that was happening at the time, if you can.
  Eric
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4