Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Is this normal after switching ISP's???  (Read 3869 times)

re0

• Reg Member
Re: Is this normal after switching ISP's???
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2018, 03:34:36 PM »

Please also upload a snapshot of your bitloading with SNR plotted.

It certainly looks a lot better. The QLN looks clean and especially now you have signtal attenuation for U1.

Was it only your house which the power was turned off for? Because if it was the whole street or a few house other than yours, the offending device that was causing interference may have been turned off and your modem resync'd before it was turned back on. What I mean by "offending" device is quite loosely defined because anything that emits noise on frequencies has the potential to distrupt, as it is operating out of spec because of a fault or because the device has not pass tests that confirm it conforms to regulations.

Or maybe I am overthinking it. :shrug2:
ISP: Gigaclear - Hyperfast 900 (up to 940 Mbps symmetrical)

Zenfield

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2018, 05:05:03 AM »

Hi, apologies for the delayed response. Been really busy the past couple of days.

Anyway, as per request ive attached the graphs. Hopefully this may paint a better picture. If there are other bits which ive missed out please do not hesitate to ask.

As for the power board i dont really know what work they carried out tbh, all they said was that they fixed a faulty joint. And i do believe that the power was turned of for a few houses on my street as they had dug out quite abit.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 05:10:05 AM by Zenfield »

Zenfield

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2018, 05:08:00 AM »

Bitloading with snr..

re0

• Reg Member
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2018, 05:28:53 AM »

Look healthy enough. Can't really comment on whether the faulty electricity joint being fixed would have made any significant difference to just U1 specifically, but then again I have not experienced such an issue and have not seen it before.

I think that what Ixel mentioned may be more at play here, and that being Upstream Power Back Off (UPBO) which is specifically designed to reduce crosstalk.

I would personally be tempted to let the modem resync (ideally by rebooting it so all the stats will reset too) and check the QLN and bitloading then (as a resync is necessary for a new QLN stats AFAIK). If it returns back to the stats prior to the repair (when the power was switched off at various homes) then it may be indicative of crosstalk with other lines or from a device in the near vicinity that has since been switched on and may be making noise on the frequencies used on U1 only (seems fairly unlikely to be that specific).
ISP: Gigaclear - Hyperfast 900 (up to 940 Mbps symmetrical)
Pages: 1 [2]