Right,so having got tired of the loose power jack on my old netbook dislodging itself again and again - causing gaps in my MDWS monitoring - I have rather impetuously ordered a Raspberry Pi Starter Kit
after reading about it so much on this forum which will arrive tomorrow.
Obviously, I realise that in the longer term this may help me to learn some programming - but right now given I have no experience in programming, Linux (or other non MS software) or media centers at all - a few questions:
1) Do I have everything I need to run MDWS on my connection (apart from the MDWS software itself)?
2) Is there an idiots guide to getting MDWS working on a Pi?
I have also heard of software like Plex and/or Kodi but never use them - however, I am interested in doing so.
3) can a Pi run both MDWS and Plex/Kodi at the same time or does it need a dedicated Pi each?
4) If they can run together, I have a old Sony TV which has a Ethernet socket (but no built in WiFi), could I connect the Pi to that, using its WiFi for net access/Kodi/Plex/MDWS? How is easy is that to do?
5) If they can't run on the same Pi, how easy is it to do the Kodi/Plex via WiFi and via Ethernet to the TV
6) I'd welcome any suggestions for links where I can learn more about my purchase and what it's capable off..
Many thanks in advance for any help