Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP
   Glossary   Glossary

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21

Author Topic: 3dB Target SNRm Live?  (Read 76674 times)

burakkucat

• Respected
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Over the Rainbow Bridge
    • The ELRepo Project
Re: 3dB Target SNRm Live?
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2016, 12:28:39 AM »

Viewing your SNRM plot for the last 24 hours, it looks as if you need to perform the experiment . . .

Initiate a re-synchronisation event at 1000 hours, tomorrow morning. Then we will see, for sure, at what value your target SNRM has been set.  ;)
:cat:  100% Linux and, previously, Unix. Co-founder of the ELRepo Project.

Please consider making a donation to support the running of this site.

NewtronStar

• Kitizen
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2016, 01:19:11 AM »

Initiate a re-synchronisation event at 1000 hours, tomorrow morning. Then we will see, for sure, at what value your target SNRM has been set.  ;)

I was hoping the DLM would do that for me at some stage just don't like messing around until the 48 hour period has passed by

Chrysalis

• Content Team
  • Addicted Kitizen
  • VM Gig1 - AAISP L2TP
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2016, 04:13:27 AM »

BT rolling this out is going to annoy peeps like me, as they cant even get g.inp right on my line yet.  Which is a requirement for this 3db profile.

So we now have a 3 tier service, dependent on cabinet lottery?

1 - no g.inp 6db
2 - g.inp 6db
3 - g.inp 3db

Ronski

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2016, 08:37:21 AM »

Chrysalis we've always had a multi tiered service based on how far away the cabinet is and how good your line is  :P

Why should no g.inp annoy you, looking at your stats your on fast path and you have a 72/20 sync, fancy a swap with myself, BE1 or Weaver?
Formerly restrained by ECI and ali,  now surfing along at 390/36  ;D

ktz392837

• Reg Member
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2016, 11:29:41 AM »

Chrysalis we've always had a multi tiered service based on how far away the cabinet is and how good your line is  :P

I agree with Chrysalis.  I am on an ECI cab and would really benefit from Ginp, 3db and vectoring.  I am one of the lucky ones with Ginp and this has given me a speed increase.

What irks me is BT have used two cab providers and it is clear that one is sh#t and one is good. 

Knowing we probably need to wait another year before BT does anything else with the ECI cabs is even more infuriating.  My line will easily manage a 3db target just switch it on and let the DLM do its thing if there is an issue!

BT should use lines/cabs which have technical users.  These users can try their different modems and avoid all these false starts.  Clearly they are targeting lines where the users do not have a clue if their line has been impacted by something new or not.

<rant over>

Dave2150

• Reg Member
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2016, 02:15:40 PM »

I agree with Chrysalis.  I am on an ECI cab and would really benefit from Ginp, 3db and vectoring.  I am one of the lucky ones with Ginp and this has given me a speed increase.

What irks me is BT have used two cab providers and it is clear that one is sh#t and one is good. 

Knowing we probably need to wait another year before BT does anything else with the ECI cabs is even more infuriating.  My line will easily manage a 3db target just switch it on and let the DLM do its thing if there is an issue!

BT should use lines/cabs which have technical users.  These users can try their different modems and avoid all these false starts.  Clearly they are targeting lines where the users do not have a clue if their line has been impacted by something new or not.

<rant over>

It's extremely fortunate that BT have chosen to use more than one cabinet vendor. Try to imagine the repercussions if BT only used Huawei cabinets. It should then become obvious to you why this would be an extremely bad idea.

Black Sheep

• Helpful
  • Addicted Kitizen
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2016, 02:20:20 PM »

Clearly they are targeting lines where the users do not have a clue if their line has been impacted by something new or not.

Can you enlighten us as to how they go about this ruse ??  ::)

S.Stephenson

• Reg Member
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2016, 02:28:51 PM »

Considering the the trial is ~100,000 lines and there are 33million of them we are lucky to even see one, unfortunately only 1/330 are in the trial I highly doubt BT has a massive spy network to determine how to avoid us  :D

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2016, 02:46:13 PM »

BT rolling this out is going to annoy peeps like me, as they cant even get g.inp right on my line yet.  Which is a requirement for this 3db profile.

So we now have a 3 tier service, dependent on cabinet lottery?

1 - no g.inp 6db
2 - g.inp 6db
3 - g.inp 3db

Chrys they are not rolling it out.   Its a trial.   A test on some lines.   Some lines will get it and some wont.
So how is a 3dB trial annoying you?
I know for a fact that I will not be part of the trial, so no point me holding my breath..  and its nothing to do with the fact that Im on an ECI cab.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

William Grimsley

• Kitizen
    • Newton Poppleford Weather
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2016, 02:47:04 PM »

It's unlikely I'll get it, but I might be one of the lucky few connected my cabinet! *Wishful thinking* :D

How do people know if they have a change of getting it?

William Grimsley

• Kitizen
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2016, 02:48:52 PM »

Considering the the trial is ~100,000 lines and there are 33million of them we are lucky to even see one, unfortunately only 1/330 are in the trial I highly doubt BT has a massive spy network to determine how to avoid us  :D

Check MDWS ID: NStar. :)

S.Stephenson

• Reg Member
« Reply #41 on: April 16, 2016, 02:49:40 PM »

It's unlikely I'll get it, but I might be one of the lucky few connected my cabinet! *Wishful thinking* :D

How do people know if they have a change of getting it?

The only way to know for sure is to be head of planning at BT.

William Grimsley

• Kitizen
« Reply #42 on: April 16, 2016, 02:50:04 PM »

If I currently have a Downstream SNR Margin of 10 dB with a Downstream Attainable Rate of nearly 45 Mbps, then at 3 dB will I get about 50 - 55 Mbps?

S.Stephenson

• Reg Member
« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2016, 02:55:25 PM »

See the graph I made below, that my assumption.

William Grimsley

• Kitizen
« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2016, 03:01:34 PM »

See the graph I made below, that my assumption.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 03:09:41 PM by William Grimsley »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21

anything