Support this site
Home Broadband ISPs Tech Routers Wiki Forum

Compare ISP   Rate your ISP

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Windows 8 Professional ZX Edition Leaked  (Read 7965 times)

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
Re: Windows 8 Professional ZX Edition Leaked
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2016, 01:22:18 AM »

PS:  just tried another experiment...

Deleted all cookies and history, then searched for just the single string 'g.inp'.  Kitz forums had two hits on first page. :)

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2016, 02:22:34 AM »

Cheers 7LM.   Jealous of where you are :)

It came to light on an SEO report that I had a black mark against the site with google.   Hence me looking to see what it was and why I only became aware of it yesterday.
Ive been asking advice elsewhere tonight and am hopefully making some progress, but its another late night for me and I only got 3hrs kip last night.. so I'm heading to bed. 

But I think the crux is, I must file a counter-claim,  as unless I do I'm deemed guilty.  Apparently one strike is ok,  but if it happens again the consequences can be more serious and affect whole site.

Ive been checking the post and the same info has been posted on thousands of other sites including reputable IT sites. 
The post was simply a news article which linked to a Youtube video showing a preview.    The link to a certain website simply showed screen caps of the preview o/s.   At no time anywhere was there a link to any illegal download.

I was told that I was likely caught up in this
https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20160330/01583234053/dmcas-notice-takedown-procedure-is-total-mess-mainly-because-bogus-automated-takedowns.shtml

Notice that these are not small numbers we're talking about, but millions of faulty notices.
The rise of mass notice sending via automated systems raises immediate questions of accuracy and due process. Human scrutiny of underlying claims necessarily decreases when by-hand infringement detection, noticing, and review are replaced by automated systems. Understanding how this may affect the accuracy of takedowns was a major question in our research.

We found reason to be concerned when human review is replaced with a high degree of automation. The automated notices we examined in Study 2 were, in the main, sent by sophisticated rightsholders (or their agents) with a strong knowledge of copyright law, yet nearly a third of the notices raised questions about their validity, and one in twenty-five apparently targeted the wrong material entirely.

So.... I think a bot has picked up the torrent site & windows and possibly hacking which will have come from routers and put 2&2 together to make 5.     
The thing is we do talk about router hacking here..  but that isnt illegal nor is making custom f/w from GPL source.    We cant avoid the word,  we also cant stop talking about releases of operating systems..  and we havent done anything wrong by linking to some screen caps that are freely available elsewhere.  If they had a problem with it then they would have gone after the YouTube video that is still up.   Its all down to a bot and its decided guilty because of a combo of words.   :(

Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

kitz

• Administrator
  • Senior Kitizen
  • Trinity: Most guys do.
    • http://www.kitz.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2016, 02:26:21 AM »

Apols if this is a duplicate of similar post, I posted same info a short while ago but don't see it anywhere so I assume it went awol.

I haven't touched any of your posts.   :(
I simply split off the old posts from a couple of years ago so they are no longer viewable , which is the recommended procedure before filing a counter claim.
Please do not PM me with queries for broadband help as I may not be able to respond.
-----
How to get your router line stats :: ADSL Exchange Checker

sevenlayermuddle

• Helpful
  • Kitizen
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2016, 03:22:17 AM »

I haven't touched any of your posts.   :(

Didn't mean to suggest otherwise.   I'd posted from my phobe using a flakey data connection that went offline at the wrong moment, then data came back and I posted again and thought it had worked, though clearly it hadn't.   These things happen.  Especially to me.

Bowdon

• Content Team
  • Kitizen
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2016, 10:44:00 AM »

I noticed from the thread I posted, the guy made a counter claim to google, because a rival had done a malicious dmca claim against him, and eventually after 2 months google replied back to him saying;

"Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

We have received your DMCA counter notification dated 4/12/13. As described in 17 U.S.C. 512(g), we will forward the counter notification to the complainant. If we do not receive notice that the complainant has brought a court action within 10 to 14 days, we will reinstate the material in question. We appreciate your patience in this process."

So it seems like you might need to make a counter claim. I doubt whoever made the claim will challenge it, so google have to remove the dmca black mark. It seems that google are required under US law to enact set procedures in dmca claims and counter claims. If they don't then google themselves are liable.
BT Infinity 2 - HG612 & Asus RT-N66U - ECI Cab
Pages: 1 [2]